Im getting really Pee'd off with Microsoft

Si UK

Its probably already been said a million times ...

But nearly every day i see and read good chaps like myself complaining about some Error or problem with windows 10 

im getting sick of Microsoft tbh ... and im so fed up keep having to do updates several times over every day also , i do it in the morning and a few hrs later, apparently out of date again,

i end up having to do it 4 or 5 times a day its getting ridiculous, i havnt got time for this crap 

Microsoft Customer service is totally brown Pants !! and now they force me with Edge too .. I dont want bl**dy EDGE !! 

Its about time another company turned up ( and i dont mean Apple) and kicked Microsoft to the curb ,,  I would move to the new company without hesitation

Linux?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Yeah I've been getting blue screen of death on two separate installations since 2004 update :(  If it wasn't for gaming I'd never install it...Fedora 32, while not perfect, is free and less stressful to run.

I don't see why you would need to update multiple times a day and I don't see how Microsoft forces you to use Edge.

While yes, that Edge update they recently rolled out was annoying, it was at least a good update.

The new Edge is great and replaces IE and the old Edge. That's a good move.

And when it comes to updates, you can now select to simply shut down your computer, instead of updating and shutting down.

Currently I have no issues with Win10 other than the system settings, which are still split between the old control panel and the new UI, which btw is terrible.

3 minutes ago, Si UK said:

But nearly every day i see and read good chaps like myself complaining about some Error or problem with windows 10 

im getting sick of Microsoft tbh ... and im so fed up keep having to do updates several times over every day also , i do it in the morning and a few hrs later, apparently out of date again,

i end up having to do it 4 or 5 times a day its getting ridiculous, i havnt got time for this crap 

Microsoft Customer service is totally brown Pants !! and now they force me with Edge too .. I dont want bl**dy EDGE !! 

Its about time another company turned up ( and i dont mean Apple) and kicked Microsoft to the curb ,,  I would move to the new company without hesitation

Try installing Fedora 32 on a separate drive...so you can use linux unless gaming ?  That said gaming on Fedora 32 is possible with Steam for a lot of games.  I've gotten into the habit of simply reinstalling Win10 every 6 months to clear out the gremlins :(

You shouldn't have multiple updates a day. Either you're doing something wrong or there is an issue with you system, or you're just exaggerating. If you really do have multiple updates a day do an in-place upgrade.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 minutes ago, Si UK said:

Idk what Windows 10 you're using that you have to update 4 or 5 times a day. At most I have to do an update once a week, and if you have a good computer it only takes like 2 minutes anyway.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

7 minutes ago, Si UK said:

ima be honest with you, used windows 10 since it came out and never once gave me trouble,  You CAN COMPLETLY disable windows update in windows 10. You can do this through the Group Policy editor if you have windows 10 pro, Or if you have home, you can disable the WIndows update service in services and in the registry editor pretty easily.

Most system stability issues come from 3rd party software and also if the user shuts down the system while it is updating, in which case its not windows 10's fault.

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I don't see why you would need to update multiple times a day and I don't see how Microsoft forces you to use Edge.

While yes, that Edge update they recently rolled out was annoying, it was at least a good update.

The new Edge is great and replaces IE and the old Edge. That's a good move.

And when it comes to updates, you can now select to simply shut down your computer, instead of updating and shutting down.

Currently I have no issues with Win10 other than the system settings, which are still split between the old control panel and the new UI, which btw is terrible.

the chome based edge replaces the old edge but internet explorer 11 is still included in windows 10 and is totally separate 

On my work PC was updating to the 2004 update and it broke my start button. We tried everything, repaired windows, system file checker and so on. Found out it was broken user profile, like wtf? I just got a new laptop so they could re-image that dang thing. Stuff happens, get over it and move on. Sometimes you just gotta let it go.

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

the chome based edge replaces the old edge but internet explorer 11 is still included in windows 10 and is totally separate 

Yeah, but compatibillity mode in edge is already there. Won't take too long before Microsoft gets rid of IE and will only offer it as a seperate software. I hope...

9 minutes ago, kingmustard said:

You're an embarrassment to the UK with that spelling and grammar.

Also, if you're having to update Windows more than once per day, something isn't working as it should.

haha yer my spelling is not great i know .. but just because i live in UK .. doesn't mean im full British .. and more to the point whats that got to do with the Topic ? 

Just now, Si UK said:

haha yer my spelling is not great i know .. but just because i live in UK .. doesn't mean im full British .. and more to the point whats that got to do with the Topic ? 

That you're difficult to take seriously.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Yeah, but compatibillity mode in edge is already there. Won't take too long before Microsoft gets rid of IE and will only offer it as a seperate software. I hope...

They wont remove IE because there are legacy applications that are ActiveX powered and also servers that have remote management like iLO2 and iDRAC also work best with IE and they dont want to break compatibility. 

1 minute ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

They wont remove IE because there are legacy applications that are ActiveX powered and also servers that have remote management like iLO2 and iDRAC also work best with IE and they dont want to break compatibility. 

For which the Edge compatibillity mode is for.

And again, it could be offered as a seperate software if needed. They could even ask you, if you want to keep it or not. I know, sounds crazy!

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

For which the Edge compatibillity mode is for.

And again, it could be offered as a seperate software if needed. They could even ask you, if you want to keep it or not. I know, sounds crazy!

well edge the edge compatibility mode only works because the old IE is there and it uses runtimes and components of IE...so if you remove IE, edge compatability doesnt work either  

2 minutes ago, IBM_THINKPAD_R51 said:

well edge the edge compatibility mode only works because the old IE is there and it uses runtimes and components of IE...so if you remove IE, edge compatability doesnt work either  

Get rid of it anyway and offer Windows 95 to the old people that still need it? What do I care? I just want it to go and it will go sooner or later.

look... ive done it 3 times today .. and now its saying this again 

image.png.d4cf01d10d6aa01c868ce40af8236de7.png

I would just like to point out that im not a computer wizz kid like the rest of you .. i keep trying to take it all in and learn tho ,  no hard feelings to anyone ok 

So if you have a solution to my problem ...and can help  i would very much appreciate it  thanks 

image.png

30 minutes ago, Si UK said:

Win10 blows goats.

Win9 is where it's at.  (unless you need DirectX 12, in which case you're stuck on Win10 goat blowing edition)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I'll never understand why people leave auto updates enabled. Just disable them and manually install security patches as needed. Sitting on Windows 10 LTSB 1607 and never an issue - ever.

Most people amaze me. Which is strange because I should be used to it by now...

Just now, Senzelian said:

Get rid of it anyway and offer Windows 95 to the old people that still need it? What do I care? I just want it to go and it will go sooner or later.

u dont have to use it, doesnt take up even a gigabyte of space, 

also the older programs im talking about obviously are THAT old, what  i mean by old is enterprise applications and hardware that could have been made even fairly recently. Even my newish Brother mfc-7360n printer that has a web interface works best with IE and doesnt like chrome or any of the other stuff

Oh yeah blame Microsoft for everything just because it's Microsoft...

Like honestly, I don't understand people who get on such stupid bandwagons. If you're gonna complain about something at least complain about something that is an actual issue rather than just complaining for the sheer sake of it. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, Si UK said:

I would just like to point out that im not a computer wizz kid like the rest of you .. i keep trying to take it all in and learn tho ,  no hard feelings to anyone ok 

So if you have a solution to my problem ...and can help  i would very much appreciate it  thanks 

image.png

can you tell if it is failing and it wants to keep retrying? also just diable windows update, u dont have to update..just do it once every 2 months or somthiing

5 minutes ago, Si UK said:

image.png

Which windows version are you running right now anyway?
Press the windows key and type in "winver" and press enter to see which version you're running.