Amd 7 3700x

i just bought a new 7 3700x and i have some background apps running as well as two animated wallpapers and my idle temps for my cpu on the stock cooler are around 50 and jump to 58 but then go back down. should i replace the cooler or are these temps good for whats happening on my computer?

That is on the warm side for just sitting at idle, what are your temps when the cpu is under load?

2 minutes ago, expoMarkers said:

i just bought a new 7 3700x and i have some background apps running as well as two animated wallpapers and my idle temps for my cpu on the stock cooler are around 50 and jump to 58 but then go back down. should i replace the cooler or are these temps good for whats happening on my computer?

Idle temps are affected by ambient temperature (temp in your room) and the fan settings you're using.

You can probably get the idle temp down by adjusting the fan curve in your BIOS, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless the PC is also loud.

The main thing to 'worry' about is load temperature. What temperature is the CPU running at while benchmarking?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 minutes ago, expoMarkers said:

idle temps for my cpu on the stock cooler are around 50 and jump to 58 but then go back down.

ryzen idle temps are spiky like that, it's "normal"

how are the load temps, as long as load temps are fine, idle temps dont really matter

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, tank234 said:

That is on the warm side for just sitting at idle, what are your temps when the cpu is under load?

i just benchmarked it and it went to 71 but then sat around 65 

10 hours ago, expoMarkers said:

it and it went to 71 but then sat around 65 

perfectly fine..

same goes for idle temps.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

Idle temps are affected by ambient temperature (temp in your room) and the fan settings you're using.

You can probably get the idle temp down by adjusting the fan curve in your BIOS, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless the PC is also loud.

The main thing to 'worry' about is load temperature. What temperature is the CPU running at while benchmarking?

Just now, expoMarkers said:

that's fine I would get concerned if it gets to 90c, is it noisy when sitting idle?

Just now, expoMarkers said:

Then it's fine and your PC while idling probably has fan curve that favors quietness over temperatures.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, tank234 said:

that's fine I would get concerned if it gets to 90c, is it noisy when sitting idle?

not exactly i dont have the most quiet fans but its nothing crazy

7 minutes ago, tank234 said:

those temps are fine, nothing to worry about. 

should i still get a different cooler or is the stock fine

8 minutes ago, expoMarkers said:

should i still get a different cooler or is the stock fine

Up to you personally I think that the temps are fine and that the noise you said that its not too loud so if I was you I would leave it, and spend my money elsewhere or keep the money in my pocket.