Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tedny

Rumor: GeForce RTX 3090 Pricing to Arrive Around the $2,000 Mark

Posted · Original PosterOP

According to it, and when the text is parsed through a translator, the tentative pricing for NVIDIA's next-gen is slated at CNY 13,999 (online selling) for the Vulcan X OC, and CNY 12,999 (again online selling) for the Neptune. These translate to roughly $2,000 for the high-end Vulcan X OC and (strangely, for a hybrid, water-cooled version) $1875 for the Neptune.

iJwUkfLWGregYASt.jpg

Source

Tell Nvidia that I need both my Kidney's and I can only sell them one. 

2 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Tell Nvidia that I need both my Kidney's and I can only sell them one. 

Nvidia: Sorry but Lungs are in demand right now. But we'll take them for free.

OT: Damn!!! That price tag if its true.

I wonder if the RTX 3090 is serving that place that would normally be the Titan🤔

Or has the Titan moved on from a gaming card (based off the Quadro) to becoming an entry level Quadro🤔

🤔

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Or has the Titan moved on from a gaming card (based off the Quadro) to becoming an entry level Quadro🤔

Quite possible.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I see absolutely no problem with this. Look at the spec of the 3090. Isn't it supposed to have like 24GB of VRAM?
It's a halo, flagship product. High pricing should be expected; it's for those that want to go completely balls out.

Is it expensive? Yes.
Will most users on this forum cry about it? Yes.

However, what you need to realize is that there's more than enough gamers that make the money needed to get this, and are willing to buy it.

Flagship halo product being flagship halo product. How shocking.

21 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I wonder if the RTX 3090 is serving that place that would normally be the Titan🤔

🤔

That's exactly how I see it. I mean, realistically, no one's going to need a 3090 unless you're demanding absolutely no compromises. Thus, they dig deep in your pockets.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I hope the rumors of this being a Titan replacement are true. Otherwise, this is absurd. What's next, RTX 3080 for 1200€ ? Of course it'll be. RTX 2080 was that much... There is no way I'm ever paying that much for a graphic card. And 850€ for GTX 1080Ti was the most I EVER paid for a graphic card.

I'll pay $1000 for an "RTX 3090" and not a dollar more, sadly others will pay so Nvidia just won't get the message these prices a joke.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

However, what you need to realize is that there's more than enough gamers that make the money needed to get this, and are willing to buy it.

I literally do not care that I can afford one, the problem is comparative value assessment for what you can do with the money they are asking for.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Isn't it supposed to have like 24GB of VRAM

So what? It's not like the price difference between 12GB and 24GB actually makes up or justifies the retail price. We know how much these parts cost, we know there has to be a markup etc but there is actually nothing special about 24GB on a gaming card and does not disproportionately increase it's value.

Either Nvidia is simply failing at engineering and design and is incapable of controlling their development and production costs or they are abusing the market situation, or both.

If it were any other market and any other company they would lose customers.

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Hopefully AMD can put some pressure on Nvidia like they've done with Intel this generation of GPUs. 

I don't actually recall the last time they did that

Rig 1 - Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 2 x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200mhz | ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung Evo 960 500gb NVME + 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 2 500GB Samsung Evo 850 | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

If this really is the "Titan Replacement", I am hoping this marks the complete death of the Ti/Titan branding in general. I hate these added suffixes on cards anyways. A more streamlined, unobfuscated product launch is always going to be ideal. While Nvidia is at it, hopefully they do away with the terrible "variant" cards, where you have a 1060 3GB, 1060 5GB, 1060 6GB, etc. Flesh the product stack out from the get-go and keep things cohesive. Don't surprise everyone with a XX60 Super that performs identically to a XX70, that's just pointless. Want to release marginally faster cards on the same architecture, but need a different name? Do what you did with Kepler and just call it a number higher.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Like 3 times ever on a decent scale, 2 of those times when trading as ATI.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Imma keep it real witchu chief, you're not getting a GPU with 24GB of VRAM, from nvidia, for $1000.

I don't make the rules, that's just the way it is.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Imma keep it real witchu chief, you're not getting a GPU with 24GB of VRAM, from nvidia, for $1000.

I'll buy one and sell it to him for $1000 just to break those rules.

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I know but it doesn't change the problem. Like I said either Nvidia is failing, abusing the market or both. It does not cost that much, don't think it does, that's the trap they want to you fall in to.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

unless you're demanding absolutely no compromises

the compensator 4?

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
7 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Radeon Hd 3000-5000, if I remember for the 10yrs of gaming PCs.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
5 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Radeon Hd 3000-5000, if I remember for the 10yrs of gaming PCs.

HD3000 is terrible, HD4000 was better, HD5000 were simply amazing. HD7000 were also amazing. The other time was X800/X1800 and all the GTO/XT/XTX/XTX Ultra blah blah etc that came with that generation lol. I miss those days.

I'm willing to pay $2k for a card that's 400% better than my old 1080ti... but RTX 3090 won't be it. 

11 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

7970 days I think. That was the last time I was considering AMD for top-end GPUs. 

For the mid-high tier, AMD's pretty good now days. I recently sold my RTX2070 to swap to a 5700 XT, made some money and get slightly better performance, as well as not dealing with stupid Nvidia software locks. But for the high end, Nvidia is basically left unchallenged, for years now. 

So Nvidia fanboys will say what a great bang for the buck, the RTX 3080 costs "ONLY" $1200. What a bargain compares to the 3090!

21 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

NVIDIA creating the super series due to the 5000 series?

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

NVIDIA creating the super series due to the 5000 series?

To be fair, they didn't have to create the super series to answer the 5000 series. They had the performance crown to back it up, they could have simply lowered the prices at each market segment and would have been fine without the super cards. The super series had less to do with AMD scaring Nvidia, and more to do with Nvidia selling the exact same products again, but at a slight markup compared to the original versions, while offering the same performance as the products already available on the market.

3 minutes ago, MageTank said:

To be fair, they didn't have to create the super series to answer the 5000 series. They had the performance crown to back it up, they could have simply lowered the prices at each market segment and would have been fine without the super cards. The super series had less to do with AMD scaring Nvidia, and more to do with Nvidia selling the exact same products again, but at a slight markup compared to the original versions, while offering the same performance as the products already available on the market.

Well sure, but let's take the 2070(S) for example. The 2070S was a replacement for the 2070, but with approx the performance of a 2080. Sure, it's $50 more expensive than a 2070, but $550 is still less than a 2080 ($750 or so @ launch)

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

Quite possible.

My guess is that they're returning the x90 as the highest gaming name card while, as the other person mentioned, moving the Titan towards more professional, or even other markets such as server/deep learning.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified (Black) with Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack+4x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Reds added | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |