Is there any PC now that can play RDR2 4K Max Settings 240FPS

ItsMeRachata
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

The CPU is just as important here, because we're talking about 240 fps. This is EXTREMELY CPU heavy, and no CPU right now is fast enough to deliver 240 fps in every single Game, even in the lowest possible Settings.

Let's say you go down to 720p Ultra, the CPU still needs to calculate and deliver 240 fps.

It doesn't matter anything, if it's 720p, 4k, or even 16k.
If the Target is 240 fps, the CPU Load is exactly the Same (unless there are other factors like object distance etc)

You say CPU Load gets lower with higher resolutions only comes from the Fact, that the same GPU will produce LESS FPS in higher resolutions/settings, which means the CPU has to "deliver" less fps --> Less work for CPU.

CPU and GPU are independant in their Work. And just, because Resolution is higher, it doesn't mean, that the CPU magically has less work to do.

No

I doubt that’s possible even with multiple rtx titans and an overclocked 10900k. Maybe with the rtx 3000 and 11th gen intel, but unlikely.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

5 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

Is there any PC now that can play RDR2 4K Max Settings 240FPS? 

I'll guess it's the Compensator 3.0

Yes, but you can't afford it 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

Is there any PC now that can play RDR2 4K Max Settings 240FPS? 

I'll guess it's the Compensator 3.0

No and theres no point in doing it. Kind of a waste of a question to be honest. 4k 120 fps is already out of the picture for most games. 4k 240 wont be a thing for 6 years at least.

didnt tomshardware get 40fps with dual titan rtxs for rdr2 in 8k? so even in the ideal world youd only get 160fps from that setup in 4k and im 99% sure it wouldnt actually scale like that

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Not unless it's multi-CPU rig with sub-zero cooling and render farm quantities of GPUs. I don't think somebody is gonna spend the money on such a rig just to find the answer we already know- probably not. You can only push a game engine so far, I though Fallout 76 taught us that.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

14 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

Not unless it's multi-CPU rig with sub-zero cooling and render farm quantities of GPUs. I don't think somebody is gonna spend the money on such a rig just to find the answer we already know- probably not. You can only push a game engine so far, I though Fallout 76 taught us that.

Fallout76 had a lot of ugly lessons about big business and the video game industry in it.  That might have been in there too. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

It's unlikely that RDR2 can utilize the extra compute power from a dual socket, since it relies more on single threaded than multi. If you can overclock a CPU to 8GHz or whatever's the record now, then it might be possible.

Even if there was HW that could pull this off, you wouldn't be able to run RDR2 at those settings because the game engine breaks after you cross certain FPS threshold which is somewhere between 120-160FPS.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:53 AM, Darpyface said:

It's unlikely that RDR2 can utilize the extra compute power from a dual socket, since it relies more on single threaded than multi. If you can overclock a CPU to 8GHz or whatever's the record now, then it might be possible.

Nah because the FPS is more dependant on GPU horses especially at higher resolutions.

Also a CPU @  8GHz would not be able to run a game especially as that'll be a single core, when you get into X Ocing you can't run it that long as you're pushing so much voltage and current.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

15 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Nah because the FPS is more dependant on GPU horses especially at higher resolutions.

Also a CPU @  8GHz would not be able to run a game especially as that'll be a single core, when you get into X Ocing you can't run it that long as you're pushing so much voltage and current.

I agree, that the GPU would be the main problem here. We do have the GPU power, but we don’t have is the ability to fully utilize it in a way to actually achieve the 4K 240fps results in this game. You would likely need the developers to program in an optimization to take advantage of multiple cards with as little Latency as possible, or wait several years for single GPU to be able to advance enough to do it.

There might be a CPU bottleneck too which would require much higher frequencies, greater parallelism, much higher IPC, or a combination of all those factors.

The CPU is just as important here, because we're talking about 240 fps. This is EXTREMELY CPU heavy, and no CPU right now is fast enough to deliver 240 fps in every single Game, even in the lowest possible Settings.

Let's say you go down to 720p Ultra, the CPU still needs to calculate and deliver 240 fps.

It doesn't matter anything, if it's 720p, 4k, or even 16k.
If the Target is 240 fps, the CPU Load is exactly the Same (unless there are other factors like object distance etc)

You say CPU Load gets lower with higher resolutions only comes from the Fact, that the same GPU will produce LESS FPS in higher resolutions/settings, which means the CPU has to "deliver" less fps --> Less work for CPU.

CPU and GPU are independant in their Work. And just, because Resolution is higher, it doesn't mean, that the CPU magically has less work to do.

• 1 month later...