EA no longer banning cheaters in Battlefield

Chett_Manly

For the last few months I have seen the same cheaters in Battlefield 1. Same names over and over and over again. Looking at Steam reviews it also is a massive problem with Battlefield V. I have reported them every time I come across them, which now is basically every time I play. Yet they do not get banned. I have seen cheaters running full aimbot, with 99%+ headshot rate, go from rank 1 to rank 150, logging well over 100 hours of full on aimbotting, and I am guessing at least 500 reports by players, yet nothing has been done. They are not banned.

It is my belief EA has defunded the enforcement division that handled this. I suspect this happened when they stopped production on new patches for BFV. I strongly recommend not buying Battlefield or any DICE shooter. There is no anticheat anymore, there is no enforcement anymore, it is a garbage experience.

15 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

For the last few months I have seen the same cheaters in Battlefield 1. Same names over and over and over again. Looking at Steam reviews it also is a massive problem with Battlefield V. I have reported them every time I come across them, which now is basically every time I play. Yet they do not get banned. I have seen cheaters running full aimbot, with 99%+ headshot rate, go from rank 1 to rank 150, logging well over 100 hours of full on aimbotting, and I am guessing at least 500 reports by players, yet nothing has been done. They are not banned.

Mate, this has been going already since the launch of BF1. It's nothing new. EA/DICE just don't care and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Mate, this has been going already since the launch of BF1. It's nothing new. EA/DICE just don't care and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Cheating has been, but back in the first couple years they would actually get banned within the day if they were full on aimbotting, wracking up 100+ kill games with 99%+ headshots. I used to see people banned in game and the server message in chat announcing it. It would take like 4 maybe 5 maps before it happened, and I would always curse DICE for being so slow, but it did happen. 

That doesn't happen anymore. I cannot even remember the last time I saw that game wide server ban message for someone.

When they announced a couple months ago that there was going to be one last content update to Battlefield V to the game by June 2020, I stopped playing Battlefield V. Then I go back to Rainbow Six Siege in Ranked mode and there's cheaters in there as well...stopped playing that game as well as its frustrating in a competitive shooter. I did go back to Battlefield 4 which imo is one of the best Battlefield games out there (BF3 is still good, but I like BF4 more) that contains more dynamic features in it like the weather/Frostbite 3 where you can take down buildings (Siege of Shanghai etc, the dam on the other map, Operation Locker). I felt EA/DICE threw the Battlefield series in the trash when they announced there would no longer be any DLC content where you buy Premium for the game. They announce at launch that there would be 5 DLCs in the coming months in the game. THIS of course, is no longer "relevent" with the game industry which I think stagnates their games and forces people to go elsewhere. EA/DICE also threw Battlefield out when they FAILED third-party servers and the ability for server moderators to play in the same game with others and communicate with players, also picking your own maps towards the end of a match is nice. 

EDIT: Forgot to also mention, you can already see it shake up EA themselves with shareholders in this link. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/in-a-rare-move-ea-shareholders-vote-against-compen/1100-6480789/

Since then, I switched back to World of Tanks that I grew up with for many years and hardly face any cheaters in it, although matchmaking is what it is if you ever played WoT before. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, Chett_Manly said:

Cheating has been, but back in the first couple years they would actually get banned within the day if they were full on aimbotting, wracking up 100+ kill games with 99%+ headshots. I used to see people banned in game and the server message in chat announcing it. It would take like 4 maybe 5 maps before it happened, and I would always curse DICE for being so slow, but it did happen. 

That doesn't happen anymore. I cannot even remember the last time I saw that game wide server ban message for someone.

They don't care. They made their money so why should they bother keeping the game cheater free? The next battlefield is going to release soon anyways and they much rather have you buy the new one and have a cheater free experience for a while then having to pour any amount of money on upkeep of the older one.

I don't know about BF1, but servers in BF3 & 4 are hosted by third parties, not EA/DICE, so I doubt they really care about those who hack.

Some servers have good admins, while other servers don't, so your mileage varies.

EA is not really known for "banning" people and they make sure to implement a system that makes it annoying to even report.
If you play any online FPS, then you should always expect some degree of cheating. There are some community servers in some of the games, I reckon those are the best bet, if you want to play in a if not cheat free enviroment, then atleast less hazard enviroment.

Either I'm not seeing as much hackers, or your the bottom barrel everyone's a hacker noobs. The 99% headshot guys are occasional to rare, less so than you make it sound.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, LOST TALE said:

Either I'm not seeing as much hackers, or your the bottom barrel everyone's a hacker noobs. The 99% headshot guys are occasional to rare, less so than you make it sound.

For OC in BFV they kill servers.

People on the opposing team quit, numbers dwindle, teams go unbalanced. Server goes into a death spiral. People fed up just logoff for the night. Once that server's dead they just jump on another.

Hacking and team balancing are some of the main reasons for me abandoning it.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, artuc said:

For OC in BFV they kill servers.

People on the opposing team quit, numbers dwindle, teams go unbalanced. Server goes into a death spiral. People fed up just logoff for the night. Once that server's dead they just jump on another.

Hacking and team balancing are some of the main reasons for me abandoning it.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. They went from being false positive aggressive (punk-buster) to very little.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I’d tell you call of duty campaign is better but... I could swear the NPC shouldn’t have seen me in that stealth section.