Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Riptide0

Z400 Compatability

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently picked up a Z400 for 40 bucks as a cheap server solution. It uses a LGA1366 socket size. So my question is, can I use a X5675 in a Z400. It's not listed as a supported cpu but it is the same socket type. Would this work as a solution and if so what is the strongest xeon cpu in LGA1366 socket type could I use in this machine?

While it may physically fit in the socket it may not be supported by the BIOS. Because the Z400 is a workstation I would say better than even money that it will work. Check the ark.intel.com list and click "find by feature" so you can sort CPUs on 1366

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

28 minutes ago, Riptide0 said:

I recently picked up a Z400 for 40 bucks as a cheap server solution. It uses a LGA1366 socket size. So my question is, can I use a X5675 in a Z400. It's not listed as a supported cpu but it is the same socket type. Would this work as a solution and if so what is the strongest xeon cpu in LGA1366 socket type could I use in this machine?

All your answers in my thread here:

So you think it would have a good chance of working? Would there be a place I could check to see if the cpu is supported by the BIOS or is that not a thing?

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

All your answers in my thread here:

So correct me if I am wrong but it should work? I am not to familiar with BIOS finagling or prebuilt workstations of any sort.

You didn't read the thread just read the thread everything is there. If you have questions after reading everything ask in my thread. I spend months getting all the info needed so you got it easy.