Razer blade 15 or G14 for student

Which one?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Razer Blade 15
    • G14

Hello, I'm an IT student from Czech republic. Currently I'm looking for a laptop for school work and gaming. I have around 1700-1800 USD.

So, my issues is that Razer does not ship to my country and no reseller either. I don't mind buying the base 15' model but I just can't get it here. 

My other option would be Asus Zephyrus G14 which would be no problem. For reference <REMOVED BY STAFF>

Thanks for any advice in advance and sorry for my poor English skills :)

Hey there ! Welcome to the Forums and greetings from Switzerland.

So since you're from Europe and have a Budget of around 1700 to 1800 USD I can suggest you looking at a Notebook from XMG with Tongfang being the ODM (Original Design Manufacturer). https://bestware.com/en/ They have a lot of different Laptop Models ranging from the 900 to the 2000+ USD price range with both Intel and AMD CPUs to choose from. I personally bought the XMG Core 15 AMD and it's actually gonna arrive on Monday (the 17th of August that is), I have spec'd it with a 4800H, RTX 2060, 16GB of 3200 Crucial RAM and a 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSD but you can spec out your Notebook of choice to your liking and Budget.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

2 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

Hey there ! Welcome to the Forums and greetings from Switzerland.

So since you're from Europe and have a Budget of around 1700 to 1800 USD I can suggest you looking at a Notebook from XMG with Tongfang being the ODM (Original Design Manufacturer). https://bestware.com/en/ They have a lot of different Laptop Models ranging from the 900 to the 2000+ USD price range with both Intel and AMD CPUs to choose from. I personally bought the XMG Core 15 AMD and it's actually gonna arrive on Monday (the 17th of August that is), I have spec'd it with a 4800H, RTX 2060, 16GB of 3200 Crucial RAM and a 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSD but you can spec out your Notebook of choice to your liking and Budget.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I went through bestware website and main thing iam concerned with would be build quality. 

Could you follow up with that, when your laptop arrives please? 

Razer: questionable QC and reliability
G14: not worth unless you really need a 14 inch

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

14 hours ago, HottuDoku said:

Hi, thanks for the advice. I went through bestware website and main thing iam concerned with would be build quality. 

Could you follow up with that, when your laptop arrives please? 

Oh yeah no problem, I will write a first impressions review a soon as I tested it. I'll make sure to tag you.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

• 4 weeks later...

@HottuDoku So I had my new Notebook for about a Month now and I gotta say this Design and configuration is really solid and good. The build quality is excellent with virtually no flex in the chassis and no Keyboard deck flex. The Keys are very stable, only thing I don't like so much about them is that the Function row is a tad too narrow for my liking but I think I got used to the Keyboard now.  What's really handy is the numpad, really use it a lot on a daily basis. The gaming Performance is great with the Hottest CPU Core going up to 93 C and GPU up to about 87 C peak. The cooling solution manages to keep this thing cool enough while gaming, the WASD area of the Keyboard can get warm to hot tho. The Screen is buttery smooth at 144Hz ,it's a Freesync panel. The Trackpad is Ok for a Windows laptop and useable, also you can turn it off by double tapping the top left corner. I have turned the Trackpad off at all times since I either use my Cooler Master MM710 Gaming Mouse or my upcoming MX Master 3 with it anyways. There is no Screen wobble while typing. I've got the 46Wh Battery and I got about 4 to 4.5 hours out of it when just watching YouTube videos and Browsing the Web, so you should definitely take the Charger with you when going out. I will upgrade to the 62Wh Battery because having to charge it like 2 a day is a bit annoying and not good for the Battery.Don't expect to get a decent Video conferencing Quality from the built in Webcam and Microphone array, not that it's bad, it's placement is just terrible. The only thing the Webcam will see is your Fingers on the Keyboard without tilting back the screen way back. I will get a Logitech Webcam anyways so this isn't really a problem for me. 

TL;DR: Overall really solid Notebook for the price. Has a few things that can be annoying but I can 100% recommend this Notebook to you if you are fine with those small things.