New build appraisal / feedback

Aestolia

Budget (including currency): $3600 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily Gaming & Streaming, Some office work and 3D printing design

Other details: So I'm build a new system from the ground up as my current system can't really be upgraded. It does well enough for now, but I've noticed some more recent games get kind of slide-show like while streaming (on stream only, local gameplay is fine). 

So I'm aiming for something fairly high end, but still with room for future upgrades. Here's the current build plan I've put together. This is the first time I've ever gone with liquid cooling so I decided to go with an AIO, and i'm also deciding to embrace the RGB for the first time, so I've gone with a build that should all work with Corsair iCUE to keep things (theoretically) easier on myself.

I was originally planning on going with a different case, the Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE, then realized it was too tall for where I was going to put it. I would like to have front panel USB-C but I'm limited by the clearance i have, so I may have to reorganize where I'm going to put the case, at which point I'll probably go back to the Obsidian. my clearance is no more than 473cm tall.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. I believe this will also be my first Home built AMD system.

For comparison sake, my current system is:

CPU: i5-4460 (yes I forgot to get a K series)

Motherboard: Z97-A 

Memory: 32 GB

Storage: a 500 GB SSD, and a 2TB Spinner

GPU: GTX 960

•  

welcome to the forums!

have you considered waiting for zen 3, ampere and big navi?

we are just a couple of weeks away from release, to be specific ampere is having an event at the 1st of September, but we are yet to know about the others, shouldn't be long after that though since they are rumored to be released near the end of this year as well.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

CPU and GPU area always the last thing I buy for a planned system anyways, because of releases (unless a great sale comes along). So I'm not opposed to waiting on them. I am hoping to have something up and running by the end of the year. My stream chug is really getting me down on the titles I want to play, and I've been super excited for some upcoming titles I don't think my current rig can handle (like Cyberpunk). I was already planning on waiting to see what happens after the 3000 series are announced (also I think September from what I've heard?). I do want something that'll do Ray tracing.

5 minutes ago, Aestolia said:

CPU and GPU area always the last thing I buy for a planned system anyways, because of releases (unless a great sale comes along). So I'm not opposed to waiting on them. I am hoping to have something up and running by the end of the year. My stream chug is really getting me down on the titles I want to play, and I've been super excited for some upcoming titles I don't think my current rig can handle (like Cyberpunk). I was already planning on waiting to see what happens after the 3000 series are announced (also I think September from what I've heard?). I do want something that'll do Ray tracing.

remember to quote or mention when you reply so that we may get notified of your reply

yes they have announced for an event on september 1st, so shouldnt really be a long wait, besides the new GPUs certainly will have more power to run RT.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

20 minutes ago, Oswin said:

remember to quote or mention when you reply so that we may get notified of your reply

yes they have announced for an event on september 1st, so shouldnt really be a long wait, besides the new GPUs certainly will have more power to run RT.

Thanks, I been watching LTT for years (ever since back in NCIX), but only popped onto the forms today. 

I'm surprised how well the GTX960 has held up, first wall I've really hit was HZD.