Aftermath of the Verge PC build - 2 years of bullying

Vishera

That farce of a build video was handled by no less than 13 people involved with it's production. Then the company handled it it after it was posted in such a bad manner THEN went out and tried to copyright strike reactions to it...yeah Vox Media lost all respect from a lot of folks in the tech space on that one. While I don't condone the messages the host of that video is getting..the fact the content of said video again slipped thru at minimum 13 people on the production team says a lot to the quality of the company itself.

In the words of bitwit Kyle as Lyle, if you make a tutorial make sure you know how to do what your trying to tell people to do"

Just now, divito said:

Because it's been 2 years, his attitude and treatment of the community he serves is completely fine? 

Because it has been 2 years we should let him be,doesn't matter if he is right or wrong.

Are people going to harass him forever?,and for a bad PC build guide?

Here is what Linus said in his interview about it:

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Because it has been 2 years we should let him be,doesn't matter if he is right or wrong.

Are people going to harass him forever?,and for a bad PC build guide?

The bad PC guide notwithstanding, the continued attention is from his post-video comments and arrogance, along with the Verge and Vox Media abusing the DMCA among other nefarious things. It's not okay to take legitimate criticism and attack the community, nor is it okay for him to think he's still right or absolved as he calls everyone 'angry nerds.' If it takes 2+ years for that to sink into him, then so be it.

His pc was sooooo bad tho lmaoooo. He needs to apologise I mean like have u seen some of the stuff he said when people asked him about the pc? He deserves no mercy.

25 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

His pc was sooooo bad tho lmaoooo. He needs to apologise I mean like have u seen some of the stuff he said when people asked him about the pc? He deserves no mercy.

That's the kind of behavior i condemn,being merciful is a virtue,and each person deserves a basic level of respect - even the most despicable person in the world.

And why waste time on such petty matter?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Even if it were to completely end today, and everyone messaging him now were to stop, he'd be getting new messages tomorrow. That video has reached uber-meme status within the tech community, and new people are seeing it and the reaction videos to it every day. Hell, I still watch Kyle's every now and then for a good raff. And a small fraction of people who see that video are going to find the memes about it, repost those, send him jokes, post memes to his Twitter, all of that. It's nonstop. Had the Verge just pulled down the video right away and acknowledged their mistake, then released a corrected guide, no one would remember it. Instead, their response made it legendary, not the video itself. Turning off comments and ratings, then striking other YouTubers before ultimately posting a non-retraction retraction that served more as a hit piece on the YouTubers they struck, all of that only made it worse. Etienne has been arrogant and defensive about the build and the guide on at least one occasion I've seen. And what I said in point one is true. His posting DMs about it only encourages more people to send them to him.

He's going to get DMs making fun of him for years to come, and as long as they don't cross certain lines, he needs to either toughen up and laugh them off or, more productively, stop posting them publicly and stop responding to them entirely. He created this monster, he and his employer raised it to adulthood, and now he's feeding it. An apology wouldn't stop them. Nothing will stop them at this point. That meme is far too ingrained in the public mind. But right now, he's choosing to keep them coming. If he were to choose a different plan of action, they'd slow to a trickle over time. It's not bullying if you walk up to the bully and say, "Please sir, may I have another?".

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

At this point, LTT making a video telling people to stop is just going to anger the 3-4 daily idiots who refuse to stop and then encourage other bad actors to do the same. If anything, LTT should remain silent, the only way for something to die on the internet is to not give it attention.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

-= Locked =-

This topic has run its course.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER