Why do people hate on plastic phones?

23 hours ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

If we are putting a metal brace inside the phone, why not just have a all metal body without glass?

Acting as if there is no middle ground between black and white is childish and unreasonable.

Think about it! If you have the manufacturing ability and the reason to combine materials why not do it in a reasonable way.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

23 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Which is such a loss *rolls eyes*

The point is completely invalid anyway. Just ignore it and look at all the metal frame iphones and galaxies of the world that happily charge wirelessly, despite their metal frame and not because of their glass back!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

22 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

wording issue

use fibre carbon /polyxxxxx instead of plastic

Or this ofc. Carbon would be expensive to but might serve as an alternative for the whiny premium customers. It would probably be even more weight efficient than a metal phone ... but also unreasonably expensive if made exclusively from it.

3.Use

20 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I do like the feel in my hands of anything metal over plastic.

It may not make sense but it just gives me the feeling of "This has value".

What is also weird about it is the heavier it is the more it feels value to me.

I'd like to see Apple make a heavy thick metal iPhone with a pop out bottom or side drawer to hold my cash and drivers license.

Then I could throw away my wallet for good and only have one thing to carry all day.

I think there might be cases to server your purpose. A metal case, with a clip on the back, that should exist especially for iPhones. In my experience they have the greatest case variety on the market.

3.Use

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

The point is completely invalid anyway. Just ignore it and look at all the metal frame iphones and galaxies of the world that happily charge wirelessly, despite their metal frame and not because of their glass back!

Um what? The charging pad is behind the glass not the metal. There’s a reason iphones didn’t do wireless charging until the 8/X. Because the 5-7 had metal backs. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

6 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

This is probably at the core of it. I haven't though of it. People just tend to care more about the symbol and the upfront cost than maintenance.

Given for example the Galaxy S5 and the Nexus 5 had wireless charging I'd like to disagree with your point that wireless charging is incompatible with plastic devices.

I don't think I said wireless charging is impossible on plastic, but more along the lines of, manufacturers prefer glass because it can wireless charge, allow for better wireless connectivity all while being a super hyped up material.

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

2 hours ago, KenTees said:

I don't think I said wireless charging is impossible on plastic, but more along the lines of, manufacturers prefer glass because it can wireless charge, allow for better wireless connectivity all while being a super hyped up material.

Plus it's heavier making the phone feel more premium and is harder than plastic making it better for something you're gonna use daily. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

On 8/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

Iphone has a steel frame with glass back. I am pretty sure every other 'premium' device with wireless charging has a metal frame too.

Yes, frame, not full body. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402