Pc keeps on Crashing after multiple attempts of troubleshooting

Flameodos

So for the past year My pc has given me a headache. It always seems to crash whenever it wants to. At first it stuttered like crazy, but then I replaced the Motherboard and and ram sticks and now it runs just fine. After months of dealing with crashes upon crashes here is where I'm at:

Currently my PC is stable for the most part when I'm doing basic task such as writing up a document, browsing forums, or just watching something. However, my PC will crash mostly when I am playing certain games. When I play Fortnite or Call of Duty, my pc runs just fine. Not a single crash during hours long sessions. I can even play DOOM (2016) on ultra with no crashes at all. However, when I play games such as Minecraft or OSU! or even streaming anime on discord to watch with friends, my computer will crash completely. 

Here is what the crashing experience is like:

-No BSOD

-My top monitor goes to complete green and my bottom monitor goes completely black

-The pc is still on, all the rgb lights are on and the fans continue to spin including the PSU fans

-The reboot is immediate, goes through BIOS like normal, and after passing the WIndows 10 login screen my computer picks up where I last left off and opens all my applications back up  

-The most common log found in Event Viewer after crashing is Critical, Source: Kernel-Power 41 task 63

As of 8/15/2020, here are a list of things I have attempted in order to resolve the crashes:

-Replaced the PSU

-Undervolted my GPU and CPU

-Reinstalled Windows, my fifth time reinstalling happened this past month

-Updated all my drivers from Video drivers to chipset drivers to bluetooth drivers

-Removed the video drivers and reinstalled them multiple times

-Updated the Motherboard BIOS

-Tried running everything on factory settings

-Disabled all antimalware programs

-I have ran SFC and DISM, no errors found

-Ran MEMTEST, not issues found

-Have run stress test, no issues found

-Not a troubleshoot, but temps on GPU and CPU are normal

-Changed Power Plans (I've used Balanced, High performance, Ultimate performance, AMD High performance)

All of the things I have mentioned have not helped stop the crashing. They happen at such RANDOM moments. I can play OSU! for 8 hours straight no issue whatsoever, not even a stutter, with like 8 different  applications open, and nothing will happen. Then 2 days later, I'll be playing OSU! and it'll crash after a 15 minute session. During Minecraft sessions it'll crash whenever I stay too long in my house or when I'm in a cave. It used to crash when I played Call of Duty but after a while it just stopped.

Anyways if you're curious to what else I have done or want my to try something feel freed to ask/share

Here are my spec:

-Ryzen 7  3700x with Wraith Prism 

-ASUS TUF X570 MotherBoard (WI-FI)

-Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3000mhz

-Radeon 5700 xt Red Devil Edition (OC BIOS flashed)

-EVGA 750 BQ Bronze plus but I'm currently using a GameMax VP RGB 600w until EVGA delivers my PSU back

-NZXT h510 (yes I am using both stock fans)

-Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD

-Samsung EVO 860 1tb SSD

-PC rgb strips

Here are the peripherals I have connected in the very slim chance a peripheral could be causing the issue:

-Razer Huntsman tkl

-Razer Basilisk v2

-Playstation 4 Dualshock controller

-Razer Kraken

My monitors:

ASUS VH232

SCEPTRE E225B

Please, any advice or help will be appreciated, I'm about to own this rig for 1 year and I have spent more time troubleshooting/crashing than I have actually played anything.

OK, bare with me, because i am going to sound like a crazy person...  Do you have your computer plugged into a battery backup?  A dew years ago I had crashes on an otherwise stable system when playing certain games.  The problem had to do with the communication between my UPS and my tower.  As soon as I removed that USB cable, all was well.

I know it might not apply to your situation, but what I am saying is; sometimes it is the crazy small stuff.  Try removing your webcam, or your scanner.  Computers are funny things.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

maybe try the pro enterprise driver for your GPU. Also use DDU to remove gpu drivers.

you could also try not using pigtail/daisy chain power to the gpu. 

21 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

OK, bare with me, because i am going to sound like a crazy person...  Do you have your computer plugged into a battery backup?  A dew years ago I had crashes on an otherwise stable system when playing certain games.  The problem had to do with the communication between my UPS and my tower.  As soon as I removed that USB cable, all was well.

I know it might not apply to your situation, but what I am saying is; sometimes it is the crazy small stuff.  Try removing your webcam, or your scanner.  Computers are funny things.

Thanks for the advice but no I I’m not connected to a battery back up. You do bring up a good point about unplugging peripherals and seeing what an issue but I have already tried using only one monitor at a time and I have switched keyboards/mouses several times. Therefore im certain its something inside my pc thats causing the issue.

30 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

maybe try the pro enterprise driver for your GPU. Also use DDU to remove gpu drivers.

you could also try not using pigtail/daisy chain power to the gpu. 

Never heard about Daisy chain until now. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll try it on this PSU because that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. However im not sure if it’ll make a difference considering I didn’t do Daisy chain on my EVGA PSU. I used 2 separate cables because the Radeon 5700 xt required 2 8 pin connectors, and the 750BQ provides  only 1 8 pin connector on the PSU already connected, the other had to be attached by the modular cables they provided. 

Also about DDU, I have used it every time there had been a Radeon update since December 2019. While sometimes it fixed the problem, the crashing usually comes back. I think the last time I used it was shortly after I removed windows 10 last month. 

changing LLC(load line calibration) up shouldn't be necessary but it might help. 

7 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Just checking, what which Memtest did you run? Memtextx86? Also what stress tests?

Yes I ran MEMTEST86 and also for stress test I ran MSI Kombustor. For the Komboster I ran Benchmark preset 1080, 1440. and 2160. Then for an extended Period of time I ran MSI-01 on  1080 resolution, 8x tessellation. As for CPU I haven't ran a stress test on it but I doubt it would cause any issues. 

8 hours ago, narrdarr said:

changing LLC(load line calibration) up shouldn't be necessary but it might help. 

Alright I'll give it a try, thanks for your help.

12 hours ago, Flameodos said:

So for the past year My pc has given me a headache. It always seems to crash whenever it wants to. At first it stuttered like crazy, but then I replaced the Motherboard and and ram sticks and now it runs just fine. After months of dealing with crashes upon crashes here is where I'm at:

Currently my PC is stable for the most part when I'm doing basic task such as writing up a document, browsing forums, or just watching something. However, my PC will crash mostly when I am playing certain games. When I play Fortnite or Call of Duty, my pc runs just fine. Not a single crash during hours long sessions. I can even play DOOM (2016) on ultra with no crashes at all. However, when I play games such as Minecraft or OSU! or even streaming anime on discord to watch with friends, my computer will crash completely. 

Here is what the crashing experience is like:

-No BSOD

-My top monitor goes to complete green and my bottom monitor goes completely black

-The pc is still on, all the rgb lights are on and the fans continue to spin including the PSU fans

-The reboot is immediate, goes through BIOS like normal, and after passing the WIndows 10 login screen my computer picks up where I last left off and opens all my applications back up  

-The most common log found in Event Viewer after crashing is Critical, Source: Kernel-Power 41 task 63

As of 8/15/2020, here are a list of things I have attempted in order to resolve the crashes:

-Replaced the PSU

-Undervolted my GPU and CPU

-Reinstalled Windows, my fifth time reinstalling happened this past month

-Updated all my drivers from Video drivers to chipset drivers to bluetooth drivers

-Removed the video drivers and reinstalled them multiple times

-Updated the Motherboard BIOS

-Tried running everything on factory settings

-Disabled all antimalware programs

-I have ran SFC and DISM, no errors found

-Ran MEMTEST, not issues found

-Have run stress test, no issues found

-Not a troubleshoot, but temps on GPU and CPU are normal

-Changed Power Plans (I've used Balanced, High performance, Ultimate performance, AMD High performance)

All of the things I have mentioned have not helped stop the crashing. They happen at such RANDOM moments. I can play OSU! for 8 hours straight no issue whatsoever, not even a stutter, with like 8 different  applications open, and nothing will happen. Then 2 days later, I'll be playing OSU! and it'll crash after a 15 minute session. During Minecraft sessions it'll crash whenever I stay too long in my house or when I'm in a cave. It used to crash when I played Call of Duty but after a while it just stopped.

Anyways if you're curious to what else I have done or want my to try something feel freed to ask/share

Here are my spec:

-Ryzen 7  3700x with Wraith Prism 

-ASUS TUF X570 MotherBoard (WI-FI)

-Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3000mhz

-Radeon 5700 xt Red Devil Edition (OC BIOS flashed)

-EVGA 750 BQ Bronze plus but I'm currently using a GameMax VP RGB 600w until EVGA delivers my PSU back

-NZXT h510 (yes I am using both stock fans)

-Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD

-Samsung EVO 860 1tb SSD

-PC rgb strips

Here are the peripherals I have connected in the very slim chance a peripheral could be causing the issue:

-Razer Huntsman tkl

-Razer Basilisk v2

-Playstation 4 Dualshock controller

-Razer Kraken

My monitors:

ASUS VH232

SCEPTRE E225B

Please, any advice or help will be appreciated, I'm about to own this rig for 1 year and I have spent more time troubleshooting/crashing than I have actually played anything.

Update. 

While I know this isn’t a definitive answer, it is somewhat of a useful piece of insight to the situation.

I ran a stress test on my CPU using Prime95. After 2 hours nothing has happened. My CPU never reached temps above 83 degrees and my PC never crashed.

So now that I’ve ran stress test on both my GPU and CPU with no crashes and I’ve ran a Ram stress with no crashes. I can only assume what my pc has is a driver problem.

I have updated all my drivers so it can’t be an issue of outdated drivers. I’ll assume its between my Video Drivers (since radeon cards are known to be  more buggy) and/or windows 10 (since I’ve had Direct x issues before).

There is the possibility it could be my BIOS thats causing the crashes, however previous BIOS updates have had far more frequent crashes than now.

I may have found a solution to my problem. After doing some research around Radeon Adrenaline, I saw that Minecraft  was getting crazy fps, like in the thousands. I’ll show you a picture of what I saw. That got me to think “could it be that I’m running too many frames that my pc can’t handle it?”

As mentioned, Fortnite, Call of duty, TF2, Hotline Miami, and many other titles that i play on a day to day bases don’t crash my pc. All these games have one thing in common: I capped their fps at 180. I did this so that the games are stable and to avoid fps drops (except for Hotline Miami thats locked at 60fps.) 

I’m going to be testing my experience playing OSU! and Minecraft on a capped fps and report back on how it goes.98D8BC18-ABA2-40C9-8A07-20B31071234C.thumb.jpeg.dedf107384b3bd8240d82818965aaf86.jpeg