Indian Governement to introduce Health ID for Citizens.

11 minutes ago, DanOstin said:

It is not a joke, really the world is changing to the real task of big brother is to keep everyone under control like puppets.

All decisions are a trade off.  Having a system like this, while it does pose a risk has the benefit of things such as less fraud, better medical treatments (I've had medical issues as a kid that I cannot remember and I don't have the records anymore...a digital system would have prevented this)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

I think something like this in the USA would be ok but might have pitfalls.

Like medical records traveling with you is great if you agree with the diagnosis but what if you don't.

Some doctors won't contradict other doctors I've found in the past with my mother before she past.

Sometimes you will get a better or more correct diagnosis of the health problem.

When the doctors at a different hospital in a different city far away from the small town you come from don't have records to look through.

Another concern would be with technology of the day surely at some point being incorporated into the system.

That your week to week or even day to day health stats might be easily accessible to the system.

Like the gadgets people wear that collect some health data even now.

Your health insurance costs could rise as the system becomes more comfortable passing that information to insurance providers over time.

Data collection is big money. Health data collection could maybe be the next big money business' ?

How much would I hate it if things got to the point where I couldn't enjoy junk food during the holiday season because big brother health insurance combo will make me pay extra every month for indulging. 😬

"Oh no Mr Bits you have to pay extra until you get all these numbers back within our guidelines for healthy living."  😲

😁

20 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I think something like this in the USA would be ok but might have pitfalls.

Like medical records traveling with you is great if you agree with the diagnosis but what if you don't.

Some doctors won't contradict other doctors I've found in the past with my mother before she past.

Sometimes you will get a better or more correct diagnosis of the health problem.

When the doctors at a different hospital in a different city far away from the small town you come from don't have records to look through.

Another concern would be with technology of the day surely at some point being incorporated into the system.

That your week to week or even day to day health stats might be easily accessible to the system.

Like the gadgets people wear that collect some health data even now.

Your health insurance costs could rise as the system becomes more comfortable passing that information to insurance providers over time.

Data collection is big money. Health data collection could maybe be the next big money business' ?

How much would I hate it if things got to the point where I couldn't enjoy junk food during the holiday season because big brother health insurance combo will make me pay extra every month for indulging. 😬

"Oh no Mr Bits you have to pay extra until you get all these numbers back within our guidelines for healthy living."  😲

😁

I agree. Data is the new currency. 

Isn't that what Apple already does with their watch?

On 8/15/2020 at 6:30 PM, mr moose said:

I like that, it's like a way to give power of attorney when you are unconscious without family have to find documents, very good in life threatening situation and decisions have to be made quickly.

I don’t even tell family where to find my documents, let alone any passwords of my computers and digitized files. Important documents moved to the cloud are also in encrypted file containers before having been uploaded, preventing access regardless of what the cloud provider decides. All encrypted files are protected by such lengthy passphrases that I’m unsure if I remember all of them. 

Suppose I’m not an especially trusting person. :/

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 9/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Intergalacticbits said:

I think something like this in the USA would be ok but might have pitfalls

Never would be allowed in the US, if the government was to manage it. Thats why we don't have national ID cards as a replacement of Social Security cards. Because you got to many of those people who are like, ID cards = Fascism. To many are easy to trust a company but damnit they won't trust the government. That mentality never made sense to me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, mr moose said:

We have this in Australia, It is voluntary and you can pick and choose who has access to it.  It is a very good idea because it means you no longer have to request your records be moved from practice to practice if you want to see a different doctor.  It also means if you end up in a hospital unable to communicate they instantly have access to your pertinent information.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Donut417 said:

In a way that's kinda how it works in the US. With the exception you can add people to the allowed list such as family. This way if something ever happens your selected people could talk to your doctor because they are on your HIPA, the doctor would be able to give them medical history and all that jazz. 

Medical malpractice is a real thing. Ever been to the ER? It's chaos. I've personally had to walk in to one only to have my blood tested. When you have three different docktors walk up asking if blood was taken, and by whom. HTF am I supposed to know?? Total dysfunction.

And that's really the problem here. Lack of standardization in terms of policy and procedure. Oh, and stop spending so much on coding the issue (for insurance) and work the issue of saving lives! Let doctors be doctors, but all be on the same page of procedures. The rest would fall into place.

Until those problems are solved, how will centralizing data help (in the US at least)?

1 hour ago, StDragon said:

Medical malpractice is a real thing. Ever been to the ER? It's chaos. I've personally had to walk in to one only to have my blood tested. When you have three different docktors walk up asking if blood was taken, and by whom. HTF am I supposed to know?? Total dysfunction.

And that's really the problem here. Lack of standardization in terms of policy and procedure. Oh, and stop spending so much on coding the issue (for insurance) and work the issue of saving lives! Let doctors be doctors, but all be on the same page of procedures. The rest would fall into place.

Until those problems are solved, how will centralizing data help (in the US at least)?

I have been to an ER. Had absent Seizures as a kid. Had to get regular EEG's and Blood work taken. Other than the long wait never had any issues. I get regular blood work done for my annual physical. Not an issue. They call me in, take the blood and never have an issue. The whole point of centralized data is so that all doctors have your medical history. That wold help with standardization. Also the other thing is the US has a for profit healthcare system. Its always going to be fucked up, because healthcare should not be for profit. 

But I was mainly pointing out that the group of people who would be against this if it was government sanctioned, because they trust big evil corporations more than the government. Which is why this would never fly in the US. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

34 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Also the other thing is the US has a for profit healthcare system. Its always going to be fucked up, because healthcare should not be for profit. 

But I was mainly pointing out that the group of people who would be against this if it was government sanctioned, because they trust big evil corporations more than the government. Which is why this would never fly in the US. 

No doubt about it, collusion between pharmaceuticals, insurance, and Gov make a mess out of the entire industry. For meaningful reform, it takes the will of an informed electorate. -looks around- Yeah, I'm not seeing it happen either, we're all screwed.

The issue I have with this type of technology is Gattaca future.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, Donut417 said:

Never would be allowed in the US, if the government was to manage it. Thats why we don't have national ID cards as a replacement of Social Security cards. Because you got to many of those people who are like, ID cards = Fascism. To many are easy to trust a company but damnit they won't trust the government. That mentality never made sense to me.

Yeah I don't understand that either.

I mean through the private business' they can find out anything about you anyway if they really want too.

Our privacy is already out the window for a lot of stuff anyway and personally I trust the government a whole lot more to enforce rules of privacy over private business.

I think people in my state on medical aid already have all their health info digitized and tied to cards they carry.

So doctors can easily look at them.

I think its been done that way for years.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, justpoet said:

Moving all that data to ONLY the govt makes it far FAR easier for the govt to target dissidents, even in ways that most wouldn't be able to tell were targeting.

Not to mention, it creates an enormous target for data thieves.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs