Brightness can't be changed on Lenovo flex 14

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

That worked, thanks! Turns out it switched my monitor to something else for some reason.

There is no slider for brightness in action center, the hotkeys on my keyboard don't work, and nothing in settings says that I'm able to change the brightness.
I've tried reinstalling the display driver from amd themselves, lenovo, and windows update and none of them work. I know that the backlight isn't just broken because going into the bios has it on full.

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Hold down the FN key while hitting the brightness down key? The function key?

This didn't work

25 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Not a problem. I'm glad you got it resolved. Can you tell me exactly how you fixed it? I might end up having a similar problem, I just ordered mine today. :)

How do you like it so far besides this?

I went into device manager, went into monitors, clicked update drivers, and then manually set it to generic PnP monitor. It somehow got set to Standard PnP monitor which it didn't like.

This laptop is fantastic, can get a bit toasty (but I'm pretty sure that's my fault), has really good performance, and keyboard. Display is a bit weird in colors so don't expect it to be amazing. Battery life for me at least is like 2 hours if i'm just web browsing, idk what I did. Also, if you're thinking of doing linux with this laptop, make sure to set the charging mode in Lenovo vantage to what you want before you uninstall because there is no way to change it outside of windows. Also the fingerprint sensor doesn't work in Linux. Overall, really good for the price.

Okay awesome my Kryonaut is already in the mail to repaste it. Do you have the 4500U or 4700U version?

I actually got it before 4000 mobile so I have the 3500u. I should repaste mine because I did take off the heatsink and slapped it back on without any new paste. I had a 4th gen i5 laptop before, it wasn't good.

Perhaps once I get my 4700U version we can compare some numbers. How much did you pay for it? I got mine for $700 US, $750 after tax. 4700U 8gb RAM 256gb storage (gonna upgrade that last one I think)

I got mine for $550 for the 3500u, 12gb RAM, and 256 gb. I was also thinking of upgrading that but I need more space on my desktop first.