Building my first PC

Budget ():~$2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly gaming but I would like to run CAD and maybe do some 3D modeling for printing.

Other details

1)Ryzen 7 3700x

2)Asus AM4 Tuf Gaming X570 plus ATX

3)Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700xt 8g ddr6

4)GSkill Trident Z neo 32g ddr4 3600mhz

5)Gigabyte Aorus NVMe gen4 m.2 1TB

6) Corsair force series gen4 Mp600 500gb

7) Corsair 750w RM850x modular psu

8)ID-cooling auraflow x360 AiO

9)NZXT H710i ATX mid tower

Any comments or advice would be appreciated 😁

Looks pretty good, but I'd say wait a few weeks since new GPUs will be coming out.

1 minute ago, XAIXER said:

Looks pretty good, but I'd say wait a few weeks since new GPUs will be coming out.

I suppose it could impact my parts price pretty drastically? Sorry I'm not really caught up with PC's in general

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Do you mind slapping it into a PC part picker list? You can save a lot of money by for example not buying Tridant Z Royal RAM and just in general being a little smarter about your storage options. Also, what's your budget? $400 a part isn't a budget.

I think you should go with this configuration sans GPU, and buy an Ampere GPU.

This gives you about $1k to play with for your Ampere card. You could totally get something like a 3080 depending on their pricing.

Also new AMD CPUs will be releasing so you may want to wait for those

My budget is vague. I'm buying my PC in pieces over time and around $400 is what I can afford at one time budget wise. Probably not the smartest thing to do but it's what I'm able to come up with

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay so you are gonna have some parts (like the RAM) that are super cheap and then you have other parts (like the graphics card) that are gonna be 50% the entire cost of the PC. It's just how it is. So put aside the $400 for one month or whatever then at your next buying cycle then take that $400 and the other $400 and buy a graphics card.

I understand. Thanks. So I should wait for the 3k series?

12 minutes ago, Radiant Immortal said:

My budget is vague. I'm buying my PC in pieces over time and around $400 is what I can afford at one time budget wise. Probably not the smartest thing to do but it's what I'm able to come up with

Yeah, not that smart, honestly. I know the buy a part at a time is a little more instant gratification, but not really. It's actually worse, in a sense, because then you have your cool new part with nothing to do but put it in a closet. You'd be much better off just saving your money, until you're ready to pull the trigger on everything. That way, if there's new components or even just deals, you won't miss the boat. In that regard, it might make sense to buy prematurely, if you find a fantastic deal, but otherwise don't bother until you're ready to build.

As for the components. 3800X(T) is not worth it. Get a 3700X or jump up to a 3900X. The XTs, in general, aren't worth it unless it's like the same price as the X. They're just better binned, so they clock a little higher out of the box. That extra 200Mhz isn't going to mean much anyways, and if you're that concerned about it, just turn on PBO on the X.

750W (or 850W?) Is overkill. You don't need more than 500-550W, 650W max, if you just want some safety for future upgrades.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah, not that smart, honestly. I know the buy a part at a time is a little more instant gratification, but not really. It's actually worse, in a sense, because then you have your cool new part with nothing to do but put it in a closet. You'd be much better off just saving your money, until you're ready to pull the trigger on everything. That way, if there's new components or even just deals, you won't miss the boat. In that regard, it might make sense to buy prematurely, if you find a fantastic deal, but otherwise don't bother until you're ready to build.

As for the components. 3800X(T) is not worth it. Get a 3700X or jump up to a 3900X. The XTs, in general, aren't worth it unless it's like the same price as the X. They're just better binned, so they clock a little higher out of the box. That extra 200Mhz isn't going to mean much anyways, and if you're that concerned about it, just turn on PBO on the X.

750W (or 850W?) Is overkill. You don't need more than 500-550W, 650W max, if you just want some safety for future upgrades.

I suppose I deserve that. I've never been one to budget properly.