System:
Rx 570
R5 2600
ASUS Prime B450M-K (Bios Version 0403)
CORSAIR RAM 3000MHZ
1 TB HDD
128GB SSD(Where OS is)

I was wondering how safe updating the bios is because I have crash-free on my motherboard but I am unable to find real information about how good it is when your bios is actually corrupted. Is it Worth it because people are saying with 2nd gen ryzen you should update your bios 100% but I don't know whether I should do it because I know if the power cuts out your mobo can get bricked and so I want to be 100% sure that if it does I can get my pc back to working condition with Asus crash-free bios.
If anyone could help i would really appreciate it :)

it is safe. if you are worrying about the power, I am pretty sure that clearing the cmos should be enough. if not, take a preemptive move and get a decent UPS

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

CrashFree BIOS 3 looks to be a feature on the motherboard that can operate independently of the BIOS itself. Should the BIOS become corrupted you can use the feature to re-flash it anyways.

Some motherboards also come with dual BIOS. It's nice in the event of failed updates.

If the update includes stability patches, security patches, or compatibility upgrades then you can update your BIOS for those reasons if desired.

Outside of this it's traditionally recommend to leave the BIOS version alone. If there's nothing to gain all you have is something to lose.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

CrashFree BIOS 3 looks to be a feature on the motherboard that can operate independently of the BIOS itself. Should the BIOS become corrupted you can use the feature to re-flash it anyways.

Some motherboards also come with dual BIOS. It's nice in the event of failed updates.

If the update includes stability patches, security patches, or compatibility upgrades then you can update your BIOS for those reasons if desired.

Outside of this it's traditionally recommend to leave the BIOS version alone. If there's nothing to gain all you have is something to lose.

so do you tink its safe to do so

1 minute ago, Nice 0_0 said:

so do you tink its safe to do so

You should be fine, at least according to the motherboard feature. If you can help it though plug it into a UPS for more security.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

You should be fine, at least according to the motherboard feature. If you can help it though plug it into a UPS for more security.

whats a ups :( 

2 minutes ago, Nice 0_0 said:

whats a ups :( 

Uninterruptible Power Supply

In a nutshell it's a battery that sits between your devices and the power grid. If the power goes out the battery keeps your devices going for a short period of time.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Uninterruptible Power Supply

In a nutshell it's a battery that sits between your devices and the power grid. If the power goes out the battery keeps your devices going for a short period of time.

do i have to buy it?

8 minutes ago, Nice 0_0 said:

do i have to buy it?

They don't grow on trees unfortunately and do cost money, yes.

Do you have to buy one? No.

Is it a nice safety net? Yes.

Or you could just do the update when there isn't a hurricane or blizzard outside and hope nobody strikes a power line. It should only take a couple minutes to perform the update.