be quiet! Pure Base 500DX RGB

Johnny999

I can't figure out how to use the RGB on this case, everyone mentions it takes power from SATA but I am just confused. I'm not talking about software-controlled RGB, just the "simple" one since my motherboard does not have an ARGB header. What am I supposed to plug where? Can anybody who has this case please chime in.

1 minute ago, Johnny999 said:

I can't figure out how to use the RGB on this case, everyone mentions it takes power from SATA but I am just confused. I'm not talking about software-controlled RGB, just the "simple" one since my motherboard does not have an ARGB header. Can anybody who has this case please chime in.

It uses the switch on the front I/O to control the ARGB. You need to plug the SATA into the PSU for powering the LEDs, thats all.

image.png.9fd1da6b8b75577102917dc69e7c5a07.png

https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/1854

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

It uses the switch on the front I/O to control the ARGB. You need to plug the SATA into the PSU for powering the LEDs, thats all.

image.png.9fd1da6b8b75577102917dc69e7c5a07.png

https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/1854

An unrelated question sorry, is it ok if the case is pretty tightly surrounded on both sides with a wardrobe and a desk? There are no holes/mesh on the side panels, only in the front, upper part and back and those have space.

36 minutes ago, Johnny999 said:

An unrelated question sorry, is it ok if the case is pretty tightly surrounded on both sides with a wardrobe and a desk? There are no holes/mesh on the side panels, only in the front, upper part and back and those have space.

Yes, it's totally fine. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25