Looking for Recommendations

Hey new to the forum! first post hype! ahem but im looking to upgrade my system. I prefer intel over amd. I have i7-6700k, the mobo is an asrock Z170M PRO4S with Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB(2x8gb). i dont mind spending extra since i want to go for a high end pc. at the very minimum im looking to make the most of my 2060 super.  Can anyone recommend me some good parts?

in gaming, the 6700k is still decent, especially when overclocked and won't bottleneck a 2060 super. (in a sense that it will slow the 2060 super down, but there's always a bottleneck.). these should pair nicely. 

but if you're set on moving to a different platform, wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. but as i said, the 6700k will handle a 2060 super just fine.

but budget? workload?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Raven Luna said:

I prefer intel over amd.

any particular reason why?

3 minutes ago, Raven Luna said:

Can anyone recommend me some good parts?

what's the use case?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Hello,

Do you have a budget in mind ? If so in which currency and country ?

No budget, USD and USA

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

any particular reason why?

what's the use case?

no reason. just comfy with it, i could try amd tho. and Gaming usage.

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

in gaming, the 6700k is still decent, especially when overclocked and won't bottleneck a 2060 super. (in a sense that it will slow the 2060 super down, but there's always a bottleneck.). these should pair nicely. 

but if you're set on moving to a different platform, wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. but as i said, the 6700k will handle a 2060 super just fine.

but budget? workload?

no budget im looking to invest in my pc as its pride and joy. workload? mostly high end games that i wanna run on ultra or high fps

10 hours ago, Raven Luna said:

mostly high end games that i wanna run on ultra or high fps

yea for now i would say the 6700k is decent, you could wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer though and then decide if you want to move to a different platform. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, Raven Luna said:

Gaming usage.

Just now, Raven Luna said:

high end games that i wanna run on ultra or high fps

you could go with 10600k or 10700k

or ryzen 5 3600/3700x

if you're keen on buying today

but new stuffs are about to launch so i recommend waiting

what games do you play? are they CPU limited? if it's not CPU limited, you wont see much of a change from an upgrade

If you absolutely want Intel and without budget you can go for this :

Since we don't know what's your PSU, it could also be time to change it.

Currently playing death stranding and monster hunter on PC (forgot to mention some VR games as well). my PSU is 750w. only reason im thinking of a cpu/mobo upgrade cause a few sites saying that a 6700k isnt enough with a 2060 and recommends more ram and a better cpu hence my search. also future proofing cause why not? not in a rush to get anything asap as this is a long term goal

cause a few sites saying that a 6700k isnt enough with a 2060 and recommends more ram and a better cpu hence my search.

Bottleneck calculators are wrong most if not all the times.

not in a rush to get anything asap as this is a long term goal

wait for zen 3 and check, if not then go with  @Meganter's list or a 10600k which is just as good in gaming as  a 10900k especially when overclocked.

and as for the board, check the gaming edge as well as that's a good board. but i would highly suggest waiting for zen 3.

Build Log: 

24 minutes ago, Raven Luna said:

monster hunter on PC

ah, yea this is very heavy on the CPU

25 minutes ago, Raven Luna said:

my PSU is 750w.

what specific model?

25 minutes ago, Raven Luna said:

not in a rush to get anything asap as this is a long term goal

then you could wait for the new stuffs, Nvidia has an event on aug 31, probably launching their new GPU

and i believe AMD will follow suit with their GPU and CPU launch as well