Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egor the builder.

Automatic Voltage Regulator with a surge protector vs a UPS for pc.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am wondering if I should fully invest in a ups just get a Acp Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator?

I am building a high end gaming pc but all the ups’s are really expensive and I would rather invest in my gpu or such.

Also what is the difference between a high-end ups and a cheaper one , one from cyber power and one from apc both Iine interactive I think.

This is something entirely different. Looking at this I guess it is primarily a transformer.

Most newer UPS are switching and the higher end are true sinus output. Also for a high end gaming PC 1200 VA could be on the edge.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I really can not get a high end on only in the 125 dollar range and the Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator says it would protect against brownouts and over voltages so I though would be good,

do you think it would work in my case?

Not entirely sure how they work but if it is just a passive system it works in such a way that the transformer (coil/magnetic) "buffers" the output hence the 300 Joule rating. So if the power went out your PC will nearly imitatively turn off. Short voltage spikes will be cleaned/buffered but lightning strike protection depends on what else is in this.