Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr_Ozzie

Keep waiting or buy what I can now and upgrade the GPU later?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Im looking at building a completely new PC from the ground up (by no means new to this part)

 

However I have been waiting for Nvidia/AMD to unveil their new GPU (as I'm sure many of you have been as-well)

 

While I already know that every other aspect of my build is currently available and i already have a GTX1070. Would it be worth buying every other part assembling it with the 1070 and then purchasing the new card as planned or wait until new card launch and then purchase everything?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

its best to wait, considering we are just a couple of weeks a way from ampere release, zen 3 and big navi should follow after.


G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can never know if anything you plan on already buying may be on sale when it's time for Nvidia to unveil their gpus. Also, there might just be some other component that comes out in the future that you would prefer over the one's you already bought. I think the best advice is, buy everything together unless there is something that really should be bought now (like a psu that's on a supersale)

Link to post
Share on other sites

it depends,

your current system, is it able to do what you want it to do?

if your current system can't handle the gameplay you want to right now, then yes its most likely a good time to upgrade now (tho wait 1 week for the new gpu's to be announced)

if your current system can handle it but only on medium settings and not ultra, ask yourself if you're okay with that or not.


Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×