Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overtime

Computer boots/displays fine on one screen but not the other.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a computer that wouldn’t post no matter what I did, and after some troubleshooting, I realized it displayed just fine on another monitor but not my main one. I’ve tried swapping cables, ports etc. and both screens are using the exact same cable interchanged. I am pretty sure this issue has happened more than once with another computer, but I didn’t have the chance to test it with a second monitor.

The main monitor that the computer won’t boot/display to is a Sceptre 165hz e258b-1658a, and the one it boots to is a Samsung TSS-23WB LED

I’ve tried a Quadro 410, an HD Radeon card and my RX 580, they all have the same issue with one screen booting/displaying and the other not. Please note my screen still worked with my old computer that had the RX 580.

Is there any troubleshooting tips I can try? Could my screen be broken, somehow?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I installed Adrenaline drivers on the new computer using the temporary monitor and it fixed the issue. I’m still not sure why that would matter for one monitor but not the other, or why multiple NVIDIA graphics cards wouldn’t boot/display either.