CPU TEMP SPIKES 80c+

Redoga

hello, i build my pc 2 months ago and i decided to  take my Gif off my NZXT Z63 and i notice my temp was spikeing  it will drop to like 50 then jump in the 60c+ mark then drop back  down, even when there is no background applicants running. 2 days ago it spikes to 83c from 70c. my pc build is

MOTHERBOARD-MSI TOMAHAWK MAX

RYZEN-3700X

CASE-NZXT H510ELITE + 4 AER RGB 2 FANS

CPU COOLER-NZXT Z63 AIO

GPU-1070TI

i haven't mess around with much in Bios just enable xmp to make my ram runs at 3600. i increase fan speed to 85% loud as hell even my mic picking it up the temp drop to 50 but still spiking over 60c

kinda worrying that something is wrong i can't replace anything due to losing my job to Covid

Sounds normal for a ryzen2 cpu. Idle temp might be a Squitch high considering that gigantic cooler you have on it. Ryzen2 overclocks itself automatically and will spike and jump around like that. For a ryzen2 cpu anything under 90°c is meh. With a cooler that big I might drop that 5°c.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sounds normal for a ryzen2 cpu. Idle temp might be a Squitch high considering that gigantic cooler you have on it. Ryzen2 overclocks itself automatically and will spike and jump around like that. For a ryzen2 cpu anything under 90°c is meh. With a cooler that big I might drop that 5°c.

oh then its normal thank you i was starting to panic that i might have a defected CPU that love to jump up and down.

13 minutes ago, Redoga said:

oh then its normal thank you i was starting to panic that i might have a defected CPU that love to jump up and down.

First time I ever heard about Ryzen 3 CPU temperatures being that high. Your case could easily be the problem. It doesn't look edible, and quite a few people have complained about it providing god awful air flow. If by '3700x' you mean Ryzen 7 3700X, then I have no idea how you are getting such high temps because I have exactly the same CPU and only get 50-55°C on average under load, and overclocking at that.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

First time I ever heard about Ryzen 3 CPU temperatures being that high. Your case could easily be the problem. It doesn't look edible, and quite a few people have complained about it providing god awful air flow. If by '3700x' you mean Ryzen 7 3700X, then I have no idea how you are getting such high temps because I have exactly the same CPU and only get 50-55°C on average under load, and overclocking at that.

I’ve never heard of cpu temps that low with ryzen2.  With anything outside of exotic cooling. Might possibly do it with a 3300. 

the issue with ryzen2 is the chips are small and the problem isn’t cooling the heat spreaders it’s just getting the chips to put enough heat into the spreader that’s they can cool them.  I’d say there’s more likely to be something up with your system than the OP.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve never heard of cpu temps that low with ryzen2.  With anything outside of exotic cooling. Might possibly do it with a 3300. 

the issue with ryzen2 is the chips are small and the problem isn’t cooling the heat spreaders it’s just getting the chips to put enough heat into the spreader that’s they can cool them.  I’d say there’s more likely to be something up with your system than the OP.

I'm sure you mean the recently released Ryzen 3 chip set since he says he has a 3700X. According to MSI afterburner, I barely hit 60°C on average while gaming even though I have precision boost overdrive enabled. I'm not using any fancy cooling method either, just three big fans on the front. Maybe he shouldn't have replaced the stock cooler on it, because its doing a damn good job managing temps for me.

45563d1332434505.jpg

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

I'm sure you mean the recently released Ryzen 3 chip set since he says he has a 3700X. According to MSI afterburner, I barely hit 60°C on average while gaming even though I have precision boost overdrive enabled. I'm not using any fancy cooling method either, just three big fans on the front. Maybe he shouldn't have replaced the stock cooler on it, because its doing a damn good job managing temps for me.

45563d1332434505.jpg

I specifically do not.  Afaik Ryazan 3 hasn’t been released at all yet.  There are some 4xxx series apus but they are zen2 not zen3.  You seem to be confusing gaming temps with load temps.  The problem with gaming temps is they often aren’t a real cpu load depending on the game.  A 59°c temp playing a game that never stresses your cpu beyond 40% because it’s gpu heavy I could believe.  Idle temps for ryzen2 (there is no 3 yet.  Not a real one anyway) seem to generally run 40-50c. With 50c being on the almost too high end of what is considered more or less ok for a stock.  Might see some high 30s with big water on a well done system.  You’re claiming 59c “load” which if you were in that idle range would be reasonable, since what I see in that pic is an AMD prism cooler.  Run some actual cpu stress tests on it though and it’s going to go higher. Quite a bit higher.  I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it went above 80.  Might hit 95 and throttle.

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I specifically do not.  Afaik Ryazan 3 hasn’t been released at all yet.  There are some 4xxx series apus but they are zen2 not zen3

Well a 3700X is a 3rd generation Ryzen CPU that runs on Zen 2 Architecture. He confused the hell out of me by calling it "ryzen 2" when its actually Ryzen 3. Nevertheless though, your temps shouldn't be constantly spiking to 80°C. Really, under more ideal conditions, I'd say you shouldn't even be getting 70°C. I just checked the temps using Ryzen Master, Core Temps and MSI Afterburner just to see how accurate they all are while playing Hitman 2. They never went beyond 57°C, give or take. I have the same CPU you have, so I know for a fact that those temps you are getting are not "normal". That's a load of baloney. I'd be inclined to say install the stock cooler back and see what happens since its working perfectly fine for me, but I'm willing to bet that your case is the real culprit. I mean, I knew something wasn't quite right about it's design the moment I saw those little holes on the side of it. There is a reason why such design has become less prominent with recently released cases. Its not exactly a very efficient way to manage air flow. It looks rather old school, which is not a good thing. 😒

NZXT H510 Elite Reviews - TechSpot

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 minute ago, BlackManINC said:

Well a 3700X is a 3rd generation Ryzen CPU that runs on Zen 2 Architecture. He confused the hell out of me by calling it "ryzen 2" when its actually Ryzen 3. Nevertheless though, your temps shouldn't be constantly spiking to 80°C. Really, under more ideal conditions, I'd say you shouldn't even be getting 70°C. I just checked the temps using Ryzen Master, Core Temps and MSI Afterburner just to see how accurate they all are while playing Hitman 2. They never went beyond 57°C, give or take. I have the same CPU you have, so I know for a fact that those temps you are getting are not "normal". That's a load of baloney. I'd be inclined to say install the stock cooler back and see what happens since its working perfectly fine for me, but I'm willing to bet that your case is the real culprit. I mean, I knew something wasn't quite right about it's design the moment I saw those little holes on the side of it. There is a reason why such design has become less prominent with recently released cases. Its not exactly a very efficient way to manage air flow. It looks rather old school, which is not a good thing. 

NZXT H510 Elite Reviews - TechSpot

That’s AMD’s fault.  Or AMD’s marketing department or something.  It’s a mess.  There should never have been a + generation for the 2xxx chips imho.  There’s zen1, zen+ and zen2. Zen3 will be 4th gen ryzen.There IS first gen ryzen, 2nd gen ryzen 3rd gen ryzen and 4th gen ryzen is upcoming but not out yet

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s AMD’s fault.  Or AMD’s marketing department or something.  It’s a mess.  There should never have been a + generation for the 2xxx chips imho.  There’s zen1, zen+ and zen2. Zen3 will be 4th gen ryzen.There IS first gen ryzen, 2nd gen ryzen 3rd gen ryzen and 4th gen ryzen is upcoming but not out yet

Yeah, its a bit confusing, could have been better managed. But I honestly like the naming convention a little better than Intel's. AMD's is easier to follow in my opinion, somewhat. With a Zen 2 CPU, the temperature is the last thing you should be having an issue with, with it being 7nm architecture. It was specifically designed to get equal or even better performance than Intel's CPU without working too hard, with 30% lower usage rates on average. So Intel has already gotten torn a new asshole with Zen 2, so I don't know how they will rebound against whatever Zen 3 will throw at them. I'd exchange that case for another one if you can. I'm certain its the real reason for the high temps, assuming your room temperature is decent. Maybe you can get mines instead. 

Link: Crystal Series™ 570X

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

7 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Yeah, its a bit confusing, could have been better managed. But I honestly like the naming convention a little better than Intel's. AMD's is easier to follow in my opinion, somewhat. With a Zen 2 CPU, the temperature is the last thing you should be having an issue with, with it being 7nm architecture. It was specifically designed to get equal or even better performance than Intel's CPU without working too hard. Intel already got torn a new asshole with Zen 2, so I don't know how they will rebound against whatever Zen 3 will throw at them. I'd exchange that case for another one if you can. I'm certain its the real reason for the high temps, assuming your room temperature is decent. Maybe you can get mines instead. 

Link: Crystal Series™ 570X

Neither are good.  Your cpu apparently behaves better on what looks very very much like a stock cooler than any I’ve heard of that run multiple custom loop radiators if it’s actually under serious load. Better than anything on YouTube.  Platinum chip perhaps.  Most don’t do that.  Not even vaguely close.  Temps he’s reporting are high side, but they’re not amazingly high side.  He might get a few degrees with a better pasting job and higher end paste.  He will never see temps like What you describe I think, even with his cooler being a lot better than yours. 

he was asking about the spikes though and that’s something I’ve seen people talking about with AMD CPUs a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Neither are good.  Your cpu apparently behaves better on what looks very very much like a stock cooler than any I’ve heard of that run multiple custom loop radiators if it’s actually under serious load. Better than anything on YouTube.  Platinum chip perhaps.  Most don’t do that.  Not even vaguely close.  Temps he’s reporting are high side, but they’re not amazingly high side.  He might get a few degrees with a better pasting job and higher end paste.  He will never see temps like What you describe I think, even with his cooler being a lot better than yours. 

he was asking about the spikes though and that’s something I’ve seen people talking about with AMD CPUs a lot. 

I mean, ever since I enabled precision boost overdrive, I've only seen the temps spike to low 70°C during one play through quite a while ago, but nowhere near 80°C. On average, the highest its ever spiked for me is 60°C, and its been doing a really good job staying below that even at no higher than about 57°C. This is according to three different applications, just to be sure. AMD only sells one variant of their CPU's as far as I know, so I'm certain that its not because my chip is anything special. I got it from Micro Center, if that helps at all. 🤷‍♂️.....I think I just got really lucky and picked the right case. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

The issue with testing with games is games generally aren’t mostly cpu they’re mostly gpu. It takes a big big gpu to be able to really stress a modern cpu in a game.  I for example have a very NOT modern cpu.  One that wasn’t very good even when it was new.  I’ve got a 4770k@4.0ghz.  Effectively a 4790.  I can push that thing to 80% load with a mere 580 running flat out playing fallout 4.  The thing is weaker than a 3100.  Put say a 1660 on a 3700 system and play a game though the cpu is going to lol around and never get a real workout while the GPU is screaming to catch up. That’s what the 4770k was like back when it had a 7950 on it. Games don’t make good heat measurements.  There are other apps for that.  The one I like is prime95, though it’s not really used for it anymore, and was never actually designed as a stress test.  It was originally made as sort of a primitive f&h thing but it made a great cpu stress test and that’s all anyone ever used it for really. Someone mentioned a program called cpuburn or something earlier today.  That might do a better job.  Those are mostly for overclock stability testing.  CPUbench might be useful.  I’ve never used it myself.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue with testing with games is games generally aren’t mostly cpu they’re mostly gpu. It takes a big big gpu to be able to really stress a modern cpu in a game.  I for example have a very NOT modern cpu.  One that wasn’t very good even when it was new.  I’ve got a 4770k@4.0ghz.  Effectively a 4790.  I can push that thing to 80% load with a mere 580 running flat out playing fallout 4.  The thing is weaker than a 3100.  Put say a 1660 on a 3700 system and play a game though the cpu is going to lol around and never get a real workout while the GPU is screaming to catch up. That’s what the 4770k was like back when it had a 7950 on it. Games don’t make good heat measurements.  There are other apps for that.  The one I like is prime95, though it’s not really used for it anymore, and was never actually designed as a stress test.  It was originally made as sort of a primitive f&h thing but it made a great cpu stress test and that’s all anyone ever used it for really. Someone mentioned a program called cpuburn or something earlier today.  That might do a better job.  Those are mostly for overclock stability testing.  CPUbench might be useful.  I’ve never used it myself.

I never actually used any of those myself, never had a good reason to. I am gaming at 1440P, and yes at that resolution and beyond, its more about the GPU. That's one reason why I don't game at 1080P anymore actually. It doesn't look as good, and it only makes the CPU work harder for nothing but a less crisp image. Games like Hitman 2 and Squad are very CPU intensive games regardless though, and I'm still getting such low temps. I'll see what happens when I upgrade my GPU soon, but I'm really not expecting much of a difference, especially at 1440P. I don't know what resolution the O.P games at so.  

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

11 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

I never actually used any of those myself, never had a good reason to. I am gaming at 1440P, and yes at that resolution and beyond, its more about the GPU. That's one reason why I don't game at 1080P anymore actually. It doesn't look as good, and it only makes the CPU work harder for a less crisp image. Games like Hitman 2 and Squad are very CPU intensive games regardless though, and I'm still getting such low temps. I'll see what happens when I upgrade my GPU soon, but I'm really not expecting much of a difference, especially at 1440P. I don't know what resolution the O.P games at so.  

Ok.  What does CPUz say your cpu load is playing a cpu intensive game at 1440p?

I’m betting you don’t come close to burying it. 

That’s normal.  You’ve got a modern cpu.  It’s what my old 4770k used to do back when it was a modern cpu instead of the about-to-be-relegated-to-the-basement hooptie that it now is.  It will take the place of the q66somethingorother I haven’t powered on since the early 2000s and that will get donated so someone without any computer at all can surf the internet or type emails or something.  Amazing it still might be good for that even.  Intel sat on their laurels for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok.  What does CPUs say your cpu load is playing a cpu intensive game at 1440p?

I’m betting you don’t come close to burying it. 

That’s normal.  You’ve got a modern cpu.  It’s what my old 4770k used to do back when it was a modern cpu instead of the about-to-be-relegated-to-the-basement hooptie that it now is.  It will take the place of the q66somethingorother I haven’t powers in since the early 2000s and that will get donated so someone without any computer at all can surf the internet or type emails or something.  Amazing it so till might be good for that even.  Intel sat on their laurels for a long time.

Load as in the usage rate? It usually goes no higher than 15-20% at the most. Mind you, it was about the same rate even at 1080P. I don't pay that much attention to much else beyond the temperature. As long as that temperature is on point, I know I ain't got nothing to worry about. 👍👍...And your CPU is a 4C/8T processor on 22nm architecture, so its not surprising that its working extra hard. The time for such a low thread and core count on "mid range" CPU's is over with, thanks to AMD. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Just now, BlackManINC said:

Load as in the usage rate? It usually goes no higher than 15-20% at the most. I don't pay that much attention to much else beyond the temperature. As long as that temperature is on point, I know I ain't got nothing to worry about. 👍👍

True.  Ryzen2 doesn’t overclock well, or rather it overclocks itself better than a human can so Theres no point in even running overclock stability software.  Put a 2080ti on it and game and you still likely won’t hit 100% load. Closer though, likely.  I could actually do cpu heat stability tests gaming with a 2080ti, but my pos cpu is 2014.  Dude said he was gaming at 70c (which is in range with a larger gpu) got a spike (which can happen with ryzen, though I understand newer firmware makes it less common) turned his fans up to 85% and dropped 10c.  Gaming loads still.  It is said that ryzen2 can handle sustained 95c. 

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

True.  Ryzen2 doesn’t overclock well, or rather it overclocks itself better than a human can so Theres no point in even running overclock stability software.  Put a 2080ti on it and game and you still likely won’t hit 100% load. Closer though, likely.  I could actually do cpu heat stability tests gaming with a 2080ti, but my pos cpu is 2014.  Dude said he was gaming at 70c (which is in range with a larger gpu) got a spike (which can happen with ryzen, though I understand newer firmware makes it less common) turned his fans up to 85% and dropped 10c.  Gaming loads still.  It is said that ryzen2 can handle sustained 95c. 

I don't know about that, but this is the highest the usage rate goes for me at 1080P vs 1440P. Its largely the same for me. 

1080P:

1440P:

Again, barely any difference between the two. Also, here is a video with a 2080TI matched with a R7 3700X. Even at 1080P, it doesn't go anywhere near 100% load. It stays at 60-65% max, so it shows just how good 3rd gen Ryzen CPU's really are. 👍👍

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

@Bombastinator

Also, notice how his temps never exceeded 60°C like mines. I'm not the only one getting such low temperatures. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 minute ago, BlackManINC said:

I don't about that, but this is the highest the usage rate goes for me at 1080P vs 1440P. Its largely the same for me. 

1080P:

1440P:

Again, barely any difference between the two. Also, here is a video with a 2080TI matched with a R7 3700X. Even at 1080P, it doesn't go anywhere near 100% load. It stays at 60-65% max, so it shows just how good 3rd gen Ryzen CPU's really are. 👍👍

Oh they’re really good alright.  I would expect cpu workload to actually go down with 1440p because it’s more likely to peg the gpu and a cpu doesn’t do much more work dealing with 1440p than 1080p despite it being twice the work for a gpu. Can draw more frames at 1080p so it would be working harder. Rez is a gpu thing much more than a cpu thing. I tried 1440p on my 970 (rot-in hell microsoft for killing my good dual link dviD monitor with win10.  I want my 8.1 back) and I couldn’t get playable frame rate in games.  It could do it in desktop but games were too much for it.  I had to reduce to 1080p.  I had a 5700tx on it for a minute but I couldn’t get that to work with the new monitor either and the old monitor is an antique 1080p@60hz thing so a 5700xt was pointless and I returned it.  Kinda regretting that now.  A 5700xt for $350 is not something that can be gotten now. Shoulda kept it and got a 27” monitor for it.  I still had hopes for my old good monitor though 30” wuxga144hz  from 2013.  Thing is a beaut except I can’t make it work.  Dual link divD only and win10 thinks it doesn’t exist so there’s no driver.   

21 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

@Bombastinator

Also, notice how his temps never exceeded 60°C like mines. I'm not the only one getting such low temperatures. 

The issue is stress test vs gaming,  gaming isn’t a cpu stress test. As far as your 3 videos go the first one and third one loaded but the middle one is stuck on “loading” are you referring to the battlefield V video?

dude was hitting 67-68. It would hit 68 for a second and flop down again. Probably a fan ramp up point. Cpu cores were hitting 70% some places for a bit. I think I saw 1 84% once for a split second. That would be an example of a spike.  Only for seconds though most were under 50% most of the time. 

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue is stress test vs gaming,  gaming isn’t a cpu stress test. As far as your 3 videos go the first one and third one loaded but the middle one is stuck on “loading” are you referring to the battlefield V video?

dude was hitting 67-68. It would hit 68 for a second and flop down again. Probably a fan ramp up point. Cpu cores were hitting 70% some places for a bit. I think I saw 1 84% once for a split second. That would be an example of a spike.  Only for seconds though most were under 50% most of the time. 

The second picture is there where it says loading. I don't know why it says that but you just have to click on it is all, should pop up. I was looking at the overall average usage rate shown next to the temps. He was getting no higher than 65% max. Based on videos like that, I'm not expecting that much of a hit when I upgrade, especially at 1440P. Its not like you'll see a meaningful difference in performance with anything beyond a 3700X anyway. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

10 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

The second picture is there where it says loading. I don't know why it says that but you just have to click on it is all, should pop up. I was looking at the overall average usage rate shown next to the temps. He was getting no higher than 65% max. Based on videos like that, I'm not expecting that much of a hit when I upgrade, especially at 1440P. Its not like you'll see a meaningful difference in performance with anything beyond a 3700X anyway. 

Clicked on it.  Got a crowd shot from I think hit man.  There was a bald guy. No numbers.  I’m not worried for the 3700x either.  I think it will last as long as the new upcoming consoles do. I thought hard about buying one.  Still might. I’ll probably wait until my current rig can’t make it any more though, which I’m guessing is going to be 2021 or close.  I’ll see what my piggy bank looks like come Black Friday. 

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Clicked on it.  Got a crowd shot from I think hit man.  There was a bald guy. No numbers.  I’m not worried for the 3700x either.  I think it will last as long as the new upcoming consoles do. I thought hard about buying one.  Still might. I’ll probably wait until my current rig can’t make it any more though, which I’m guessing is going to be 2021 or close.  I’ll see what my piggy bank looks like come Black Friday. 

The numbers are in the top left corner. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

21 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

The numbers are in the top left corner. 

Ah. I see it.  49c@20% cpu usage.  Sounds about right for a cpu that runs 40c or a bit lower flat idle.  Anything over very low 50s flat idle for ryzen2 and stuff needs to be looked at.  At that usage 60c would be basically acceptable.  Over  70c would be edging towards worrisome.  It’s within the “good bin” level for a 3700x   If that was 80% usage is be expecting nearer 70c for a good bin 80c for a poorer bin.