Fortnite app store removal

Kanna
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Per the Posting Guidelines, we only want one topic per news item

Locked.

Summary

Fortnite removed from app store Epic Games strikes back

Quotes

Apple has removed Epic Games’ battle royale game Fortnite from the App Store after the developer on Thursday implemented its own in-app payment system that bypassed Apple’s standard 30 percent fee.      

In practical terms, kicking Fortnite out of the App Store means that new users will not be able to download it, but it will continue to work on iPhones that already have the app installed.

My thoughts

I play fortnite sometimes and most of them is on console but buying vbucks I have always done thru my iPad due to it being easier then entering payment info on console etc, I hope epic wins this ”war” they have alot of users on ios and it would be sad to see the players drop and dissapear, if epic doesn´t win this I can see many apple users switching to android

Sources

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/technology/apple-fortnite-ban.html

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/8/13/21366438/apple-fortnite-ios-app-store-violations-epic-payments

Videos

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Not sure how you missed this.  But this is already posted.

4 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

Not sure how you missed this.  But this is already posted.

I didn´t miss it but I wanted to share my toughts on it 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help