In what situation people need the Driver DVD?

jumbo9i0
Go to solution Solved by DeadnightWarrior,

If for whatever reason your internet connection isn't working AND you have a DVD drive nearby... that's when you might find it useful 馃槃

If for whatever reason your internet connection isn't working AND you have a DVD drive nearby... that's when you might find it useful 馃槃

聽聽

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

If you wanna play some Blu-ray, or if you are crazy audiophile that wants to play audio CD on flac quality ( and don't pay the 18$ on tidal)

Overall, if you need it, you LL know it

54 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

If you wanna play some Blu-ray, or if you are crazy audiophile that wants to play audio CD on flac quality ( and don't pay the 18$ on tidal)

Overall, if you need it, you LL know it

cough just look at my name for the solution to your second point cough

Just now, The Torrent said:

cough just look at my name for the solution to your second point cough

I d be surprised if 1% even know few things about audio, forget about Hi-Fi

1 hour ago, jumbo9i0 said:

image.thumb.png.d5ff0a15b53b4a20044b8a2e9721e0dc.png

If you owned a computer before broadband internet!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Asus boards have a bios recovery built into the disk in case a flash goes bad and the board doesn't support flashback.

I'm surprised they still ship discs with hardware. Maybe in some countries you need to include the disc with the software in the box, so you can legally advertise the features it provides on the box?

I just have a crap ton of old movies and games on DVD, haven't really used any of them, but in case I ever do..

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212)聽| GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb聽| RAM: 12Gb DDR3聽| PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S 聽| Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3聽| Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop:聽Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

think OP meant the disk that comes with electronics, not a DVD reader

i've seen people use it before

these includes:

- shiny reflective things to deter flies from landing on food in food stalls (probably an asian thing though)

- frisbee (my fav use)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

to summarize all the above you need it as a backup.聽

The driver dvd has (atleast in most cases) 100% working drivers with no bugs that will 100% work with your system.聽

If you dont have internet e.g you just assembling a rig that doesnt have wifi and you dont have a lan cable long enough to connect it to the room/location you are assembling the rig.聽

Or you might have internet but you cant use it, e.g I had an asus TUF x570 mobo and in order to install windows 10 on it I had to update the lan drivers otherwise I had an error popping up during windows installation... I had physical access to the internet but during the installation process there is no interface to browse the internet so what I did is to use the driver DVD and load the drivers manually (windows installation provides an interface during setup process to locate a file from a disk or media and load it as a driver)聽

Its an old part you found a use for it and cant find drivers online and for whatever mentioned above by others.聽

Its a fail-safe if nothing else works you can depend on the driver DVD/CD. If not even that聽works then it means that your part is either broken or not compatible with the rest of the hardware/software.聽