running steam games on one pc, off of another.

okay so i cannot find any help no matter how hard i look on this so i would appreciate any help!

i tried to make this look pleasing to read

okay so essentially i downloaded a lot of steam games onto one windows 10 pc and i want to play them on another windows 10 pc through ethernet.

-i would like to be able to play my steam games that are downloaded on pc 1, on pc2. 

-i do not want to do steam link, nor do i want pc1 to be the pc that is actually running the game. 

-i want pc 2 to be running the games entirely on its own, but using the hard-drive from pc 1. 

-i use windows sharing, share the files from pc1 and execute them on pc2.

-it works with my games that are not downloaded from steam, such as doom and doom eternal. however, when trying to load up a steam game nothing happens, nothing even shows up in task manager.

what i would like to ask is if anyone here knows if it is possible to play my steam games off of another windows 10 pc, using file sharing, and without steam link or turning my pc into a dedicated nas server? 

thank you

10 minutes ago, wernol said:

okay so essentially i downloaded a lot of steam games onto one windows 10 pc and i want to play them on another windows 10 pc through ethernet.

--SNIP--

what i would like to ask is if anyone here knows if it is possible to play my steam games off of another windows 10 pc, using file sharing, and without steam link or turning my pc into a dedicated nas server? 

Should be possible - you just need to map the drive from PC1 as a network drive on PC2, then add this as a Steam Library location on PC2. The guide below references a NAS, but ignore that - as long as you've setup Windows File Sharing (using SMB I assume) you can map the Windows File / Folder share as a network drive and achieve the same thing.

https://anardil.net/2019/steam-library-on-network-attached-storage.html

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 minutes ago, wernol said:

It should be. Ultimately, you can map it as a network drive. Programs don't need to know or care how the volume is physically connected to PC2, just that it is. As is confirmed by your success running other games.

Therefore, it sounds like a Steam issue, something you need to configure there, but that's not software I'm familiar with, so I can't really help. I'm sure someone else can.