Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bambamgaming

Streaming Set up, 1 PC VS 2 PC?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey! I have recently jumped over to PC Gaming and i have started Streaming as well on FB.

 

I have a pretty decent set up (i would guess haha)... BUT I want to improve my in game settings and my Stream quality, both are "Good" as of right now but i would like to present a better quality stream while running higher quality in game settings (Warzone)..

 

My current set up...

 

CPU  - i7-9700F @ 3.00GHz

MOBO - Some generic Gigabyte one..

GPU - RTX 2070 Super

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB running @ 2133MHz (havent looked into how to change the bios to allow me to reach 3600MHz)

 

I have started another thread in the Motherboard area, i was planning on buying a new MOBO (a better one with more pci slots etc etc) along with a new i9 processor and another 2070 Super to SLI it (as it seems that was a bad idea haha)..

 

would it be worth it to upgrade my Processor and MOBO and continue using a 1 pc set up? OR buy a new processor and mobo along with building another pc for streaming and using my current CPU and mobo on what would be the streaming pc.. Not sure if i worded that right or not.

 

Open to all feedback and suggestions, thanks for taking the time to read!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bambamgaming said:

I have started another thread in the Motherboard area, i was planning on buying a new MOBO (a better one with more pci slots etc etc) along with a new i9 processor and another 2070 Super to SLI it (as it seems that was a bad idea haha).

That entire idea is just awful. Every single part of it.

As for actual streaming you should just buy a Zen 3 processor, dedicate 6 cores to your game and the others to your stream (2-8 cores depending on the model you buy).

Wait for Zen 3 to release in about a month.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bambamgaming said:

Yeah its become pretty clear that idea was a bad one haha

by the way quote or tag so i can see your reply only came back to it because i get a notification when someone reacts to my post


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

i was planning on buying a new MOBO (a better one with more pci slots etc etc)

do you need more pcie slot? because

4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

another 2070 Super to SLI

this is a horrible idea

 

4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

would it be worth it to upgrade my Processor and MOBO and continue using a 1 pc set up?

your setup should be able to run games and stream at the same time, there's close to no advantage of getting a 2nd rig

 

 

i recommend u look into stream settings to fully utlise what you have, throwing more money is not the solution here

you have all the right hardware for game streaming already


Things I need help with:

Spoiler

 

 

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

 

Spoiler

 

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

 

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

 

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

 

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

 

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

 

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

That entire idea is just awful. Every single part of it.

As for actual streaming you should just buy a Zen 3 processor, dedicate 6 cores to your game and the others to your stream (2-8 cores depending on the model you buy).

Wait for Zen 3 to release in about a month.

Even a 3700x is not enough to stream Warzone and play on the same PC with CPU encode.  Source : I have one and have tried it.  The game uses a lot of threads, and even forcing CPU affinity doesn't help.  It's way better to just use NVENC to stream and leave the CPU alone.


QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I did buy a 4k Elgato capture device (which i cant use because i dont have any slots for it) in my current mobo, i planned on streaming console games too (I play a bunch of sports games haha)


So yeah i kinda need a new mobo

 

other than that everything is Good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bambamgaming said:

I did buy a 4k Elgato capture device (which i cant use because i dont have any slots for it) in my current mobo, i planned on streaming console games too (I play a bunch of sports games haha)


So yeah i kinda need a new mobo

 

other than that everything is Good.

What board do you currently have?

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Even a 3700x is not enough to stream Warzone and play on the same PC with CPU encode.  Source : I have one and have tried it.  The game uses a lot of threads, and even forcing CPU affinity doesn't help.  It's way better to just use NVENC to stream and leave the CPU alone.

Good point. I agree. OP, you can buy a next gen NVIDIA GPU and just use NVENC on that and keep your current board and stuff. If you truly need a new motherboard than I would suggest buying a B550 board with a 4700x or whatever they decide to call it.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

As for actual streaming you should just buy a Zen 3 processor, dedicate 6 cores to your game and the others to your stream (2-8 cores depending on the model you buy).

....???

1) why are you recommending something that isnt out yet, we dont even know the price or performance

2) why are you making op change his still capable system

3) why are you (i assume) recommending CPU encode when it's:

   3a) more detrimental to overall system performance

   3b) lower quality in most cases compared to NVENC turing, which OP has?

4) have you tried to actually run CPU encoding before? i have and let me tell you, it's stupid

 

this lowkey stinks of fanboyism


Things I need help with:

Spoiler

 

 

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

 

Spoiler

 

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

 

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

 

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

 

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

 

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

 

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

....???

1) why are you recommending something that isnt out yet, we dont even know the price or performance

2) why are you making op change his still capable system

3) why are you (i assume) recommending CPU encode when it's:

   3a) more detrimental to overall system performance

   3b) lower quality in most cases compared to NVENC turing, which OP has?

4) have you tried to actually run CPU encoding before? i have and let me tell you, it's stupid

 

this lowkey stinks of fanboyism

1. Because a company would not make a product that's worse than their last generation. It's of course going to be better than the 3700x, which is already a good all round gaming CPU.

2. Because he asked for it. He wanted a new motherboard, and if hes changing that anyway might as well change platforms because of 1.

3.

3a. it seemed like that's what OP wanted to do based on his OP, (wanting an i9 and all that) others have already recommend NVENC encoding and I agree with them

3b. he has a GPU that can take advantage of it, doesn't mean that he is using it, it could be for a variety of reasons

4. I have. I know. I didn't have a 20 or 16 series GPU to run it on.

 

this lowkey stinks of not reading the OP and the other replies


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bambamgaming said:

my current mobo is a gigabyte B365M DS3H

EEEEEEEEEEEK

That thing is a fire hazard.

Wait until Ryzen 4000 series comes out, and because you need a new board you might as well change platforms as it's just plain better.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Don't get an i9 buy a 3950X or 4900X/4950X when that's out.

 

2) Never do SLI, sell that GPU and buy something like a 2080ti or wait for 3000 series.

 

3) you don't need a second PC.


My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

so it seems like the better processor/mobo set up would be an amd setup vs a intel set up?

YOU NEED TO QUOTE OR TAG.

At the bottom of my reply here press the left facing arrow.

 

It's a question of who has the better processor, as you need to change boards anyways.

AMD has the better processor today, and they will only lengthen their lead in a month when they launch their next gen stuff.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, BlueScope819 said:

YOU NEED TO QUOTE OR TAG.

At the bottom of my reply here press the left facing arrow.

 

It's a question of who has the better processor, as you need to change boards anyways.

AMD has the better processor today, and they will only lengthen their lead in a month when they launch their next gen stuff.

My bad! Ok, thanks for the info, i'll look up some amd stuff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

so it seems like the better processor/mobo set up would be an amd setup vs a intel set up?

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying to

 

AMD platform is better overall if your task can leverage multithread well

 

depending if you could sell your current CPU and motherboard, you have two options

you could look into getting an AMD system if you could sell your current cpu and motherboard

or if you want to continue using your 9700F, you could just get a board for it

 

you dont need a super high end CPU to use NVENC to stream, a decent one will do


Things I need help with:

Spoiler

 

 

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

 

Spoiler

 

Products I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD, Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

 

Products I hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

 

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

 

Companies I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

 

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

 

Remember, just because I had good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

My bad! Ok, thanks for the info, i'll look up some amd stuff!

Thanks!


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying to

 

AMD platform is better overall if your task can leverage multithread well

 

depending if you could sell your current CPU and motherboard, you have two options

you could look into getting an AMD system if you could sell your current cpu and motherboard

or if you want to continue using your 9700F, you could just get a board for it

 

you dont need a super high end CPU to use NVENC to stream, a decent one will do

I think im going to venture into the AMD side of things, and check out some of these newer model CPU's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

or if you want to continue using your 9700F, you could just get a board for it

Honestly spending the $100 or so on a motherboard for a dead platform is just a bad idea in general, although I agree with the rest of your reply. OP could easily sell the 9700F for $320 on eBay, and because he is buying a motherboard anyways, it's a question of having a 9700F with a better motherboard or having a 3700x with a good motherboard.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bambamgaming said:

I think im going to venture into the AMD side of things, and check out some of these newer model CPU's.

This is a good place to start to compare it to your current lineup, this doesn't take into account 10th gen but 10th gen is basically dead on arrival in terms of multithreaded applications that aren't IGP accelerated (basically nothing except adobe)

 


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many.

If a design is taking too long, the design is wrong, and therefore, the design must be modified to accelerate progress. -Elon

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear many youtubers said two rigs are good one for gaming and one for recording with elgato as it recudes nothing of cpu or gpu power on game rig as only power is run by record system as tech deals who moslty focus power vs money value and many other youtubers too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has actual experience doing this: Stay away from elgato (and capture cards in general) if you can. The input lag from the card makes you sync video/audio, your cameras, all the other you may have with the input from your capture card.. it's all a big pain in the ass. 

 

What I use is NDI. Uses local network to send video capture from one PC over the LAN to OBS input almost instantaneously. Plus, no need to buy a $200 capture card. Seriously, it's so much easier.


 Gaming PC:                                        Streaming PC:

-Ryzen 5 3600x                CPU              -Ryzen 7 2700x  

-2x8GB @ 3200               RAM              -2x8GB @ 3600 

-EVGA 2070 Super             GPU               -GTX 1060 6gb    

                                                 -Asus B450M-A MATX        MOBO            -GB B450I MITX                                                     

                     -CM NR400                   CASE          -Thermaltake Core V1            

 

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD

 

Good, Cheep and Easy Cable Management is my fetish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

This is a good place to start to compare it to your current lineup, this doesn't take into account 10th gen but 10th gen is basically dead on arrival in terms of multithreaded applications that aren't IGP accelerated (basically nothing except adobe)

 

 

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying to

 

AMD platform is better overall if your task can leverage multithread well

 

depending if you could sell your current CPU and motherboard, you have two options

you could look into getting an AMD system if you could sell your current cpu and motherboard

or if you want to continue using your 9700F, you could just get a board for it

 

you dont need a super high end CPU to use NVENC to stream, a decent one will do

 

I have done some looking around and have watched some more videos and i think im comfortable with going the Ryzen 9 3900x and the MSI MPGx570 motherboard and a Noctua NH-D15 for cpu cooling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Bambamgaming said:

 

 

I have done some looking around and have watched some more videos and i think im comfortable with going the Ryzen 9 3900x and the MSI MPGx570 motherboard and a Noctua NH-D15 for cpu cooling.

Thoughts @Moonzy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×