Streaming Set up, 1 PC VS 2 PC?

BAMx

Hey! I have recently jumped over to PC Gaming and i have started Streaming as well on FB.

I have a pretty decent set up (i would guess haha)... BUT I want to improve my in game settings and my Stream quality, both are "Good" as of right now but i would like to present a better quality stream while running higher quality in game settings (Warzone)..

My current set up...

CPU  - i7-9700F @ 3.00GHz

MOBO - Some generic Gigabyte one..

GPU - RTX 2070 Super

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB running @ 2133MHz (havent looked into how to change the bios to allow me to reach 3600MHz)

I have started another thread in the Motherboard area, i was planning on buying a new MOBO (a better one with more pci slots etc etc) along with a new i9 processor and another 2070 Super to SLI it (as it seems that was a bad idea haha)..

would it be worth it to upgrade my Processor and MOBO and continue using a 1 pc set up? OR buy a new processor and mobo along with building another pc for streaming and using my current CPU and mobo on what would be the streaming pc.. Not sure if i worded that right or not.

Open to all feedback and suggestions, thanks for taking the time to read!

Yeah its become pretty clear that idea was a bad one haha

4 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

i was planning on buying a new MOBO (a better one with more pci slots etc etc)

do you need more pcie slot? because

another 2070 Super to SLI

this is a horrible idea

would it be worth it to upgrade my Processor and MOBO and continue using a 1 pc set up?

your setup should be able to run games and stream at the same time, there's close to no advantage of getting a 2nd rig

i recommend u look into stream settings to fully utlise what you have, throwing more money is not the solution here

you have all the right hardware for game streaming already

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

That entire idea is just awful. Every single part of it.

As for actual streaming you should just buy a Zen 3 processor, dedicate 6 cores to your game and the others to your stream (2-8 cores depending on the model you buy).

Wait for Zen 3 to release in about a month.

Even a 3700x is not enough to stream Warzone and play on the same PC with CPU encode.  Source : I have one and have tried it.  The game uses a lot of threads, and even forcing CPU affinity doesn't help.  It's way better to just use NVENC to stream and leave the CPU alone.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I did buy a 4k Elgato capture device (which i cant use because i dont have any slots for it) in my current mobo, i planned on streaming console games too (I play a bunch of sports games haha)

So yeah i kinda need a new mobo

other than that everything is Good.

9 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

As for actual streaming you should just buy a Zen 3 processor, dedicate 6 cores to your game and the others to your stream (2-8 cores depending on the model you buy).

....???

1) why are you recommending something that isnt out yet, we dont even know the price or performance

2) why are you making op change his still capable system

3) why are you (i assume) recommending CPU encode when it's:

3a) more detrimental to overall system performance

3b) lower quality in most cases compared to NVENC turing, which OP has?

4) have you tried to actually run CPU encoding before? i have and let me tell you, it's stupid

this lowkey stinks of fanboyism

my current mobo is a gigabyte B365M DS3H

2019071715534574ee6dd68473d966c014785c78

1) Don't get an i9 buy a 3950X or 4900X/4950X when that's out.

2) Never do SLI, sell that GPU and buy something like a 2080ti or wait for 3000 series.

3) you don't need a second PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

so it seems like the better processor/mobo set up would be an amd setup vs a intel set up?

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

YOU NEED TO QUOTE OR TAG.

At the bottom of my reply here press the left facing arrow.

It's a question of who has the better processor, as you need to change boards anyways.

AMD has the better processor today, and they will only lengthen their lead in a month when they launch their next gen stuff.

My bad! Ok, thanks for the info, i'll look up some amd stuff!

so it seems like the better processor/mobo set up would be an amd setup vs a intel set up?

remember to quote or mention the person you're replying to

AMD platform is better overall if your task can leverage multithread well

depending if you could sell your current CPU and motherboard, you have two options

you could look into getting an AMD system if you could sell your current cpu and motherboard

or if you want to continue using your 9700F, you could just get a board for it

you dont need a super high end CPU to use NVENC to stream, a decent one will do

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

depending if you could sell your current CPU and motherboard, you have two options

you could look into getting an AMD system if you could sell your current cpu and motherboard

I think im going to venture into the AMD side of things, and check out some of these newer model CPU's.

I hear many youtubers said two rigs are good one for gaming and one for recording with elgato as it recudes nothing of cpu or gpu power on game rig as only power is run by record system as tech deals who moslty focus power vs money value and many other youtubers too.

As someone who has actual experience doing this: Stay away from elgato (and capture cards in general) if you can. The input lag from the card makes you sync video/audio, your cameras, all the other you may have with the input from your capture card.. it's all a big pain in the ass. 

What I use is NDI. Uses local network to send video capture from one PC over the LAN to OBS input almost instantaneously. Plus, no need to buy a $200 capture card. Seriously, it's so much easier.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

2 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

This is a good place to start to compare it to your current lineup, this doesn't take into account 10th gen but 10th gen is basically dead on arrival in terms of multithreaded applications that aren't IGP accelerated (basically nothing except adobe)

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I have done some looking around and have watched some more videos and i think im comfortable with going the Ryzen 9 3900x and the MSI MPGx570 motherboard and a Noctua NH-D15 for cpu cooling.

Just now, Bambamgaming said:

I have done some looking around and have watched some more videos and i think im comfortable with going the Ryzen 9 3900x and the MSI MPGx570 motherboard and a Noctua NH-D15 for cpu cooling.

Thoughts @Moonzy

Since you're just starting out, work with what you have. No point spending a whole bunch more money if you don't get a lot of views. 

Work on your content quality before you worry about visual quality of the stream. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Thoughts @Moonzy

3900x is unnecessary for streaming, especially since you have the 2070 super

a 3700x (or even a 3600) will do, though it depends on what games you play

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Since you're just starting out, work with what you have. No point spending a whole bunch more money if you don't get a lot of views. 

Work on your content quality before you worry about visual quality of the stream. 

this is pretty much the advice i would give

Just now, Moonzy said:

3900x is unnecessary for streaming, especially since you have the 2070 super

Depends on if you choose NVENC or h.264 encoding. The reason I choose to go with a two PC stream setup is because h.264 quality is miles ahead of NVENC in my experience.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

Just now, Skipple said:

The reason I choose to go with a two PC stream setup is because h.264 quality is miles ahead of NVENC in my experience.

which NVENC? Turing?

afaik NVENC Turing is pretty much better than software x264 on slow/medium for h264 encoding

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

which NVENC? Turing?

afaik NVENC Turing is pretty much better than software x264 on slow/medium for h264 encoding

I honestly can't remember to be perfectly honest. 

ask me about my homelab