Is the wattage of this build enough?

vadiba2045

Since it has been a couple of years that I have worked on a desktop I am currently working on a build for programming purposes. So you can expect that the PC would be used to run IDE's, docker containers, virtual machines and such.

At the moment I have chosen the following components:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (BOX) Boxed
  •  MSI B550-A PRO
  • Fractal Design Define 7
  • Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
  • Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4B
  • Fractal Design ION+ 560W Platinum
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I have seen many high end builds with ~560W PSU but I wonder if it could be a bottleneck if I ever did choose to upgrade to a higher end GPU or other components. At the moment I would be able to increase the wattage from 560W to 860W with the same PSU model for merely 26 euros and I would rather spend the money now to avoid any headaches later on.

It could.  The new cards are looking thirsty.  Nvidia is apparently upping to a 12 pin plug for some enterprise stuff. Also hardware allocation could bring multiple GPUs back. Hard to predict the future though.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

It could.  The new cards are looking thirsty.  Nvidia is apparently upping to a 12 pin plug for some enterprise stuff. Also hardware allocation could bring multiple GPUs back. Hard to predict the future though.  

True.

It is also hard to predict what I might work on in the future so I would rather be prepared now by spending 25 euros more on a more powerful PSU than face the consequences later on.