Ryzen 3600XT + what gpu for Youtube?

So, I've been saving up to buy a new PC for a while and have roughly £1000 saved for it, i'll be mainly using the pc for gaming and recording for YT so I'm just looking for recommendations for graphics cards and what not I was looking at something like an OC 1660 but I'm all ears to any input.

PS do I really need an XT for the the 3600, the price difference isnt too much from the standard 3600 so i'm just curious

• get a 1660 ti and oc that is is more worth it to oc yourself. but the 3600xt only has a 300 mhz higher base and boost clock (which doesn't really effect gaming to much) so go with the cheaper of the two that you can find

3 minutes ago, Mpire934 said:
  • get a 1660 ti and oc that is is more worth it to oc yourself but it only has a 300 mhz higher base and boost clock (which doesn't really effect gaming to much) so go with the cheaper of the two that you can find

The 1660 Super has almost the same performance as a 1660Ti and is quite a bit cheaper. And is only $10 more than the 1660.

Just now, Darpyface said:

The 1660 Super has almost the same performance as a 1660Ti and is quite a bit cheaper. And is only $10 more than the 1660.

yeah but he is aiming for a 1660 anyway but the main point is cpu

6 minutes ago, Mpire934 said:
  • get a 1660 ti and oc that is is more worth it to oc yourself but it only has a 300 mhz higher base and boost clock (which doesn't really effect gaming to much) so go with the cheaper of the two that you can find

thats great, will the 300mhz affect recording though

1 minute ago, Mpire934 said:

yeah but he is aiming for a 1660 anyway but the main point is cpu

i did look at the RTX 2060 but I'm not sure if its worth the price jump considering I half PC game and half console with an elgato

Just now, IYIomo said:

No that will be done off your GPU or capture card so it sould be irrelivent

1 minute ago, IYIomo said:

i did look at the RTX 2060 but I'm not sure if its worth the price jump considering I half PC game and half console with an elgato

could be useful if you play minecraft

No that will be done off your GPU or capture card so it sould be irrelivent

So we thinking a 3600 and i'll just OC it myself with a 1660ti or super

2 minutes ago, IYIomo said:

no, as long as you get GTX1650 Super or higher, you'll get NVENC turing

that's the best encoder for game recording now

skip AMD GPU if recording is one of your main criteria

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

could be useful if you play minecraft

ooooh I didn't think of that

Just now, IYIomo said:

So we thinking a 3600 and i'll just OC it myself with a 1660ti or super

yeah just get whatever GPU and use MSI afterburner to OC with the 3600 and spend more money on Capture card or sata storage

Just now, Moonzy said:

no, as long as you get GTX1650 Super or higher, you'll get NVENC turing

that's the best encoder for game recording now

skip AMD GPU if recording is one of your main criteria

I was looking at a RX 590 but I seen AMF or VCE or whatever is called is trash, bit sad considering there were some good deals on for it

Just now, Mpire934 said:

yeah just get whatever GPU and use MSI afterburner to OC with the 3600 and spend more money on Capture card or sata storage

I have an SSD and 2 HDD that im just gonna move over from my current PC so that saves me a lil money, yay

Just now, IYIomo said:

I was looking at a RX 590 but I seen AMF or VCE or whatever is called is trash, bit sad considering there were some good deals on for it

Their hardware encoder is pretty much bottom of the barrel, but it's still better than nothing

but if you value game FPS more, can still consider them.

it's not the best but it's better than nothing

2 minutes ago, Mpire934 said:

Capture card

you dont need a capture card if you're both playing and streaming from the same PC

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, IYIomo said:

I have an SSD and 2 HDD that im just gonna move over from my current PC so that saves me a lil money, yay

that will give you good recording protenual and remember 4K video scrubbing maxes out at 300mb/s

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Their hardware encoder is pretty much bottom of the barrel, but it's still better than nothing

but if you value game FPS more, can still consider them.

it's not the best but it's better than nothing

you dont need a capture card if you're both playing and streaming from the same PC

The capture card is for when I play on console, and I'll keep it on my mind when i finally go to buy the parts

2 minutes ago, Mpire934 said:

that will give you good recording protenual and remember 4K video scrubbing maxes out at 300mb

oooh 4K.... one can only dream of that right now, tbh I need to get a lot of things for my setup cause at the moment i have 1080p 60Hz monitors but ill worry about that after I have the PC itself sorted, thanks for the heads up though

4 hours ago, IYIomo said:

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

This is outdated information. The encoder in the Navi cards (VCN 2.0) is effectively on-par with NVENC, the only problem is that no software is willing to enable support for it. There is some not insignificant conspiracy theories that seem to think Nvidia is actively incentivizing the software devs to not support it, but there is no actual proof of that.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

7 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

This is outdated information. The encoder in the Navi cards (VCN 2.0) is effectively on-par with NVENC, the only problem is that no software is willing to enable support for it. There is some not insignificant conspiracy theories that seem to think Nvidia is actively incentivizing the software devs to not support it, but there is no actual proof of that.

So is it more like a compatibility problem with OBS? If I’m not wrong navi cards are like the 5000 series, they’re a little out of budget for what I’m doing though.

2 hours ago, IYIomo said:

So is it more like a compatibility problem with OBS?

OBS is pretty much the only software that supports it actually.

If I’m not wrong navi cards are like the 5000 series

That is correct.

they’re a little out of budget for what I’m doing though.

You just mentioned looking at a 2060, which is more expensive than half the 5000 series...

The reality of the hardware encoder though is that if you have sufficient CPU power, hardware encoding is actually worse for your framerates than software encoding. NVENC was a fix for the problem of too few CPU cores to properly handle the multitasking of livestreaming a gaming session, but since you're going for a 3600, you won't have that issue. Unless you're using a game already known to have a CPU bottleneck on the 3600, (it has to bottleneck while using all available threads, not just a singlethreaded bottleneck) you should consider NVENC or VCN nothing more than a gimmick.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

5 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

OBS is pretty much the only software that supports it actually.

That is correct.

You just mentioned looking at a 2060, which is more expensive than half the 5000 series...

The reality of the hardware encoder though is that if you have sufficient CPU power, hardware encoding is actually worse for your framerates than software encoding. NVENC was a fix for the problem of too few CPU cores to properly handle the multitasking of livestreaming a gaming session, but since you're going for a 3600, you won't have that issue. Unless you're using a game already known to have a CPU bottleneck on the 3600, (it has to bottleneck while using all available threads, not just a singlethreaded bottleneck) you should consider NVENC or VCN nothing more than a gimmick.

Okay that was really helpful thank you!