Windows 10 install questions

2552Jordan
Go to solution Solved by PrimeMinister,
On 8/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, 2552Jordan said:

2 questions about windows setup

If i installed windows 10 os onto usb flash drive and used it to load up on the initial pc setup would i need t need to always have the drive in everytime i load the pc?

Also if i bought a key afterwards would it still work with the os even after install without official microsoft package?

Thankd

Well, firstly after you installed Windows 10 on a machine with the help of a boot drive then no, after install you can remove the drive and have fun with your new Windows 10 setup. Secondly, I assume you haven't activated Windows. But yes, if you bought a key you could use it to activate your windows afterwards.

Hope this helps!

If i installed windows 10 os onto usb flash drive and used it to load up on the initial pc setup would i need t need to always have the drive in everytime i load the pc?

Also if i bought a key afterwards would it still work with the os even after install without official microsoft package?

Thankd

What??

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Once you install the OS to internal storage you can disconnect the thumb drive. It does not need to remain connected.

You can activate Windows at any time after installation. You don't have to provide a key during initial setup.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, 2552Jordan said:

Thankd

Well, firstly after you installed Windows 10 on a machine with the help of a boot drive then no, after install you can remove the drive and have fun with your new Windows 10 setup. Secondly, I assume you haven't activated Windows. But yes, if you bought a key you could use it to activate your windows afterwards.

Hope this helps!