Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2552Jordan

Windows 10 install questions

On 8/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, 2552Jordan said:

2 questions about windows setup

If i installed windows 10 os onto usb flash drive and used it to load up on the initial pc setup would i need t need to always have the drive in everytime i load the pc?

Also if i bought a key afterwards would it still work with the os even after install without official microsoft package?

Thankd

Well, firstly after you installed Windows 10 on a machine with the help of a boot drive then no, after install you can remove the drive and have fun with your new Windows 10 setup. Secondly, I assume you haven't activated Windows. But yes, if you bought a key you could use it to activate your windows afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Posted · Original PosterOP

If i installed windows 10 os onto usb flash drive and used it to load up on the initial pc setup would i need t need to always have the drive in everytime i load the pc?

Also if i bought a key afterwards would it still work with the os even after install without official microsoft package?

Thankd

What??

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

Once you install the OS to internal storage you can disconnect the thumb drive. It does not need to remain connected.

You can activate Windows at any time after installation. You don't have to provide a key during initial setup.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Posted · Best Answer
On 8/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, 2552Jordan said:

Thankd

Well, firstly after you installed Windows 10 on a machine with the help of a boot drive then no, after install you can remove the drive and have fun with your new Windows 10 setup. Secondly, I assume you haven't activated Windows. But yes, if you bought a key you could use it to activate your windows afterwards.

Hope this helps!