corsair vengeance lpx RAM and rzyen compatibility

already got to order some corsair vengeance lpx dual 8gb 3600mhz cl18 sticks at a reasonable price of 65 EUR, but read some stuff that they work terrible with ryzen CPU's. what do you guys think? i don't want to end returning them

what ryzen cpu? with 3000 series they will work fine.

with 2000 and 1000 series, you'll struggle to run them at more than 3000MHz, but that's applicable to any ram brand, not just corsair

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

what ryzen cpu? with 3000 series they will work fine.

with 2000 and 1000 series, you'll struggle to run them at more than 3000MHz, but that's applicable to any ram brand, not just corsair

atm i will run them with a ryzen 3200g and a gigabyte b450m s2h

They should work just fine for the most part. 

Especially with zen 2. 

Zen 1 and + cpu's might struggle to run that speed though. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, bluehillday said:

atm i will run them with a ryzen 3200g 

that's a zen+ (so equivalent 2000 series).

you might not be able to run the ram at 3600, but should work at 2933 or 3000 with tighter timings.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's a zen+ (so equivalent 2000 series).

you might not be able to run the ram at 3600, but should work at 2933 or 3000 with tighter timings.

will look in the future for a 3100 or 3300x when i'll find a cheap rx480/580 but atm i will run them with 3200g for the APU. read some reports that they actutally suck with these particual lpx kit(slow booting speed,poor gaming performance) but also read  that they are hynix cjr or micron e-die

2 minutes ago, bluehillday said:

will look in the future for a 3100 or 3300x when i'll find a cheap rx480/580 but atm i will run them with 3200g for the APU. read some reports that they actutally suck with these particual lpx kit but also read  that they are hynix cjr or micron e-die

yeah don't worry too much. those reports are for those who like to endlessly tweak their settings and squeeze every drop of performance. ram is ram and it will work. you might not get 3600MHz out of it with the 3200g, but you should be able to once you upgrade to the 3100 or 3300x