Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamer Guy

Others can't hear me when I connected my headphones into ports

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm currently working from home. My office have provided me a desktop PC because of laptop shortage. The PC is a Dell Precision Tower 5810. It has one mic port and one audio port in the front of the cabinet. All I have is a headphones that came with my Samsung galaxy S7. If I try skype (for business) calling I can hear others, but they can't hear me. But few others with the same situation, use headphones in the audio out port and can hear and talk. Why can't others hear me? Is there a fix. I installed the latest drivers already.

if those headphones have a 4 pin jack - you need adapter cable which converts the 4 pin jack to 2 separate regular 3 pin audio jacks (one for mic and one for audio)

Otherwise, right click on speaker icon by the clock and select recording devices, and select there microphone and you can run tests. 

You can also go in Skype and test your microphone there.

9 minutes ago, mariushm said:

if those headphones have a 4 pin jack - you need adapter cable which converts the 4 pin jack to 2 separate regular 3 pin audio jacks (one for mic and one for audio)

Otherwise, right click on speaker icon by the clock and select recording devices, and select there microphone and you can run tests. 

You can also go in Skype and test your microphone there.

flipkart.com/samsung-ehs64-wired-headset/p/itm6afc192938c15?pid=ACCEH4Z9XYDVUPUW&lid=LSTACCEH4Z9XYDVUPUW8SIXCK&marketplace=FLIPKART&sattr[]=color&st=color

This is a three pin jack right?

I tried testing by plugging it in mic port and the computer doesn't read any voice in speech recognition.

11 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Looks like 4 pin jack (TRRS) to me

If you plug the 4 pin connector into a jack, the microphone is disabled automatically, by design.

If I plug a 3-pin jack into the audio out port in the front panel, will the microphone work? (without splitter)