HI folks,
I'm building a new system first time. Here's my specs:

Ryzen 3 3100
2 8GB Corsair ddr4 3000mhz RAM
MSI TOMAHAWK MAX (Its a bit expensive compared to what cpu I'm using but it seems durable and there were no good b450 motherboards in stock in India. Still let me know your thoughts)
Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze
I have an old gpu Asus GTX 750 Ti OC edition (I know its old but I'm waiting for new gpus to come rather than rushing into buying new one. 750 ti seems to satisfy my needs for now)

- will the stock cooler come with pre-applied thermal paste? And after some usage, approx when should I manually apply thermal paste?
- Let me know any suggestions you have regarding my specs. And for gpu If i were to buy new one my budget is around $150, needs one which will be long-lasting for gaming and doesn't take much load on my psu(150W max). 

Thanks.

Next-gen GPUs at ~$150 won't be out for a while. As with pretty much all previous GPU launches in recent memory, we first get the high-end stuff, with the mid and low-end SKUs to follow. For a 1650 Super level Ampere GPU or 5500XT/580 level RDNA2 GPU, I'd say you'd be waiting at least until late Q1 next year.

Also, do you already have a case and SSD?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Next-gen GPUs at ~$150 won't be out for a while. As with pretty much all previous GPU launches in recent memory, we first get the high-end stuff, with the mid and low-end SKUs to follow. For a 1650 Super level Ampere GPU or 5500XT/580 level RDNA2 GPU, I'd say you'd be waiting at least until late Q1 next year.

Also, do you already have a case and SSD?

Hi there, thanks for the reply, 
Yes I have bought these:
Case: http://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-k501l/
SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD
HDD: seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM

Let me know your thoughts

2 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

Hi there, thanks for the reply, 
Yes I have bought these:
Case: http://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-k501l/
SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD
HDD: seagate barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM

Let me know your thoughts

I would've gone with a better SSD, since the BX500 doesn't have a DRAM cache (you can learn why that's not a good thing here), but those should work fine.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

I would've gone with a better SSD, since the BX500 doesn't have a DRAM cache (you can learn why that's not a good thing here), but those should work fine.

Yes I think I should have bought M.2 one. But I'll be only using this SATA for OS, drivers and installing browser. And I'm kinda low in a budget let's say around $500-$600 so I bought these components except for gpu. But here in India everything is very costly at least 20% more. So my budget without gpu already gone more than $500. 

Will this my system have any heating issues or stability issues at all? Should I do anything else @Mateyyy ?? 

3 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

Will this my system have any heating issues or stability issues at all? Should I do anything else @Mateyyy ?? 

It should work fine. The case you picked comes with two fans preinstalled, and regarding one of your questions in the original post, the 3100's stock cooler comes with thermal paste preapplied, and you shouldn't have to replace it for quite some time.

It should work fine. The case you picked comes with two fans preinstalled, and regarding one of your questions in the original post, the 3100's stock cooler comes with thermal paste preapplied, and you shouldn't have to replace it for quite some time.

Thanks.. Any anyone else reading this discussion feel free to share your thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Hi @Mateyyy I was just watching the video of Linus using Ryzen 3100 in one of his video of $500 gaming PC build(link below). And noticed that the stock cooler didn't have any thermal paste pre applied. So should I buy a thermal paste? Also what happens if I put thermal paste even if its pre=applied on the cooler? 

1 minute ago, RajTheGeek said:

And noticed that the stock cooler didn't have any thermal paste pre applied.

That cooler was most likely being reused. The cooler should ship with thermal paste preapplied. 

2 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

Also what happens if I put thermal paste even if its pre=applied on the cooler? 

You will have too much paste. It might not necessarily hurt performance but you'll just be making a mess.

4 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

That cooler was most likely being reused. The cooler should ship with thermal paste preapplied. 

You will have too much paste. It might not necessarily hurt performance but you'll just be making a mess.

Thanks mate!