LOOKING FOR NEW DESKTOP

Hello everyone, im enrolling into college soon so im in the market for a new desktop .

My budget is 600$ and main purpose is a bit of music recording and general school stuff.

Im wondering what kind of cpus are best to look for in this price range.Im also going for a desktop not a laptop vause i heard it a better bang for yo buck.Thanks

are you buying from the US? do you also need a monitor and peripherals?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Do you only need the computer or do you need monitor and the rest

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, SlavTechNoob said:

Hello everyone, im enrolling into college soon so im in the market for a new desktop .

My budget is 600$ and main purpose is a bit of music recording and general school stuff.

Im wondering what kind of cpus are best to look for in this price range.Im also going for a desktop not a laptop vause i heard it a better bang for yo buck.Thanks

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, chrebean1 said:

Highly suggest you look at a laptop -- and an Intel I-5 or Ryzen 7 would be more than enough CPU for what you want to do music- or video- editing wise. As a college student, you're going to be highly-mobile between classes and the library, for example. To be efficient, you may have some time between classes to get that last bit of homework done, or jump-start on a new project. Additionally, I'd recommend solid state drives (SSDs) rather than hard disk drives (HDDs), since you'll be carrying your laptop around and setting it down by your desk, lecture hall seat, etc.; HDDs are more prone to damage in this environment. As for the 600 dollar price range ... I'd set my sights on something around 800 - 900 dollars to get a better than average laptop, so you can enjoy your college experience! Cheers!

If he is a collage student, he may not need a laptop this year.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Thanks everyone. Im actually based in Croatia . And since im going to a college that doesnt require much computer work i think ill go for a desktop sijce its a better long term solution. Thanks.