• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sabrezehburr

Question about loop flow and Heatkiller res

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone. 

I was browsing reddit and saw a post by u/iquit040

I am really confused by his loop, so I drew arrows on a picture and I was hoping if someone could explain if this is how his loop worked.

All I can find is that the Heatkiller res allows an input on the top, but here it looks like the output is on the left. 

In his reddit post, he says the loop order goes from GPU to CPU, into the res on the right.

This is in a Tower 900, so the rads are behind the motherboard tray.

Thanks!

20200811_192814.jpg

The left reservoir probably doesn't even really technically serve as a reservoir. It's basically a thick pipe, if you want to see it that way.

I mean i do not see any issue here. But i can not explain how it works either. (it is hard to explain)

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, startrek03 said:

The left reservoir probably doesn't even really technically serve as a reservoir. It's basically a thick pipe, if you want to see it that way.

Okay, so the pump/res combo on the right is powering the entire loop?

3 minutes ago, Sabrezehburr said:

As far as I've seen the reservoir isn't even sold as a punp reservoir combo, so he might just have one pump below this middle shroud.

1 hour ago, startrek03 said:

As far as I've seen the reservoir isn't even sold as a punp reservoir combo, so he might just have one pump below this middle shroud.

The Heatkiller reservoir is not sold as a pump/res combo, but does have a varient that can be turned into a pump/res combo by adding a pump. However this one doesn't look like it.

1 hour ago, Sabrezehburr said:

Perhaps, but personally I cannot see a pump attached to either reservoir so it may be even behind together with the radiators.

The reservoir will still send the water upwards since it has nowhere else to go when pumped into it.

On 8/11/2020 at 6:40 PM, Sabrezehburr said:

All I can find is that the Heatkiller res allows an input on the top, but here it looks like the output is on the left. 

A reservoir is just a empty space for fluid, there is no check valves to stop you from using one port over another for in/out. The pump will sort that out.

Especially if it's not attached to the res you really can use any of the ports. In this case it makes for a nice symmetric build.