What is the smallest/best/and cheapest case that fits a 2080/70?

Guest PhatRATTY
Go to solution Solved by skimmilk5,
Just now, PhatRATTY said:

i may be going with the lian li but that wx version i think it is called? does that fit a founders card im not sure where to find internal card length numbers in general. What is the best place to find gpu card length numbers for small form factor cases?

Normally, the manufacturer's website has a specs page, and you can find the maximum length mentioned there, labeled as GPU length, graphics card length, expansion card maximum length, or something like that. In the TU150, the maximum length is 320mm or 12.6 inches.

It needs to be small for factor have no rgb black is best for a friend in an apartment with no available space

Cards fluctuate wildly in length and thickness, with some cards fitting tidily in 10.5" length-wise (or shorter!) and 2 slots, and others taking over 13" in length and that are thicker than 2.75 slots. Also keep in mind where the PCIe power connects to the card.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

3 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

Cards fluctuate wildly in length and thickness, with some cards fitting tidily in 10.5" length-wise (or shorter!) and 2 slots, and others taking over 13" in length and that are thicker than 2.75 slots. Also keep in mind where the PCIe power connects to the card.

ofc I know that speaking of founders

SG13?

FE cards should fit in quite snug.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

11 minutes ago, PhatRATTY said:

ofc I know that speaking of founders

We're not mind readers. Forum members are here to help you, but being a jerk or expecting us to know stuff exact to your situation isn't reasonable.

Fractal Design's Node 202 is a great case. If you don't really like the "console" look, then consider Silverstone's SG13. Other options are the Silverstone RVZ01, Fractal Design Node 304, Cooler Master Elite 110 or 130 (be careful of metal burrs on this one, though; it's cheap for a reason, and it'll slice your finger open really quickly), or Lian Li TU150 (a more luxury case that looks damn good IMO).

3 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

We're not mind readers. Forum members are here to help you, but being a jerk or expecting us to know stuff exact to your situation isn't reasonable.

Fractal Design's Node 202 is a great case. If you don't really like the "console" look, then consider Silverstone's SG13. Other options are the Silverstone RVZ01, Fractal Design Node 304, Cooler Master Elite 110 or 130 (be careful of metal burrs on this one, though; it's cheap for a reason, and it'll slice your finger open really quickly), or Lian Li TU150 (a more luxury case that looks damn good IMO).

sorry if that came across as rude. i didnt mean of course i meant founder i meant yes i knew there were many different card but this build requires a founders card

6 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

he probably means it like: "Of course I can tell you the exact type of card in my PC. I just forgot to mention in the post."

8 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

i may be going with the lian li but that wx version i think it is called? does that fit a founders card im not sure where to find internal card length numbers in general. What is the best place to find gpu card length numbers for small form factor cases?

1 minute ago, startrek03 said:

he probably means it like: "Of course I can tell you the exact type of card in my PC. I just forgot to mention in the post."

yes sorry i meant this ;-;

Just now, PhatRATTY said:

Normally, the manufacturer's website has a specs page, and you can find the maximum length mentioned there, labeled as GPU length, graphics card length, expansion card maximum length, or something like that. In the TU150, the maximum length is 320mm or 12.6 inches.

8 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

awesome and i found the length of founders 2080 and 2070 are below that comfortably itx case low memory default cpu cooler single maximum airflow noctua fan etc friend hasnt given me a price range yet but 2070 super minimum and prolly a 3600