PC Build

DweJiBah

Can someone make a build for me that can be used on the ultra wide gaming computer monitors? I'm not sure what minimum specs are needed to be able to run an ultra-wide monitor. I'm planning on using this computer for gaming, and light video/photo editing. Also, can someone recommend me an ultra-wide curved gaming monitor? I don't know which one is good. Trying to keep the cost as low as possible, but I'm not too strict on the budget. I will spend money on where I have to.

Your build will depend a lot on what kind of games you want to play. Some games are highly CPU-bound (like GTA), but others are very dependent on GPU (like Tomb Raider), but here's a good place to start. You should do research on the exact parts that you're looking for to see how they perform in your specific applications.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or better
  • RAM: 16GB of DDR4 @ 3200MHz or better/more
  • Motherboard: B450, B550, or X570 motherbaord that's compatible with your parts from a company like Asus (my personal go-to), Gigabyte (my runner-up), Asrock (I personally haven't had great luck with Asrock boards), or MSI
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660Ti, RTX 2060/Super, RTX 2070/Super, or RTX 2080/Super, depending on what you want to play - if you want to play a lot of "pretty" or sight-seeing games, you'll want a better GPU; if you play more competitive shooters or less demanding games, you could get away with a lower tier GPU
  • Power Supply: A good unit from big names like Seasonic, Corsair, or EVGA that has a high enough power budget for your system (there's plenty of power supply calculators out there)
  • Chassis: This is a really personal choice. It needs to fit everything that you want, but if you're trying everything to get costs down, you could get a $20 case at the expense of features, or if you'd also like to admire your work, you could spend a little bit more and get a case that looks good too, like one from Phanteks, Fractal Design, or NZXT.
  • Display: Again, this is a really personal choice. You can splurge and choose a very curved monitor, like Samsung's G7 or G9, something budget like LG's 34WN650-W if you're willing to give up a curve and a higher resolution, or something in between, like LG's 34UC88-B or 34UC98, or MSI's Optix MAG341CQ. It's all about finding what features matter most to you. If you don't really care about perfect color accuracy, then don't spend money on it. If you're like me and you need wide colorspace coverage and accurate colors, then it might be worth it to forgo high refresh rates in exchange for better colors.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."