pc wont boot after reinstalling ram

Go to solution Solved by HardStroke,
2 minutes ago, yash5599 said:

check whether you've installed the stick in right slot or not..

nvm, he tried it again and it works fine

got a weird one here.

i trying to help someone who says after he reseated the ram, the pc boots but nothing is turning on. keyboard and mouse are not turning on and the screen shows no signal.

i already told him to try a cmos clear, that didnt work, he tried the other ram slot, also with no success. he didnt disconnect anything except the ram.

his pc does boot but it doesnt power anything, like i said, not the keyboard, not the mouse and not the monitor

any ideas?

specs:

i7 7700

h110m-k

8gb single stick

1060 3gb

antec vp700p psu

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

2 minutes ago, yash5599 said:

check whether you've installed the stick in right slot or not..

nvm, he tried it again and it works fine

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Had a similar problem once almost same config. It took several hours taking out and reseating the ram. Just make sure ram has even pressure applied across the dimm when inserting and make that they are straight as possible and pushed all the way in. I say this as sometimes even tho it latches it may not be making proper contact.