My M.2 SSD keeps deleting itself

GamefulMike

Yesterday i finally finished my new build with a Ryzen 5 3600, Aorus Ultra Gaming x470, 16gb ram and RTX 2070. I installed windows and all my programs and drivers on my WD green m.2 SSD. I came to the point where i had to restart to get some of the stuff to work and then it happened. After the restart the whole drive was empty... I read a post on Tom's Hardware that i should use software like mini tool to check if everything is still there but showing a blank drive(i butchered the explanation lol) and sure enough with AOMEI i got all the files into place expect the bootrec stuff which seems to be completely corrupted

I need to know what's causing this issue so i dont have to install windows and all my stuff for the 4th time to still have it happen again...

6 minutes ago, GamefulMike said:

Yesterday i finally finished my new build with a Ryzen 5 3600, Aorus Ultra Gaming x470, 16gb ram and RTX 2070. I installed windows and all my programs and drivers on my WD green m.2 SSD. I came to the point where i had to restart to get some of the stuff to work and then it happened. After the restart the whole drive was empty... I read a post on Tom's Hardware that i should use software like mini tool to check if everything is still there but showing a blank drive(i butchered the explanation lol) and sure enough with AOMEI i got all the files into place expect the bootrec stuff which seems to be completely corrupted

I need to know what's causing this issue so i dont have to install windows and all my stuff for the 4th time to still have it happen again...

Are you booting UEFI mode with CSM turned off? Because if you install it not under UEFI, and then boot UEFI or the reverse, the drive will disappear.

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

Are you booting UEFI mode with CSM turned off? Because if you install it not under UEFI, and then boot UEFI or the reverse, the drive will disappear.

Installed with UEFI. i tried some more stuff with AOMEI and after a restart it at least shows me a "windows needs to be repaired" blue screen (which I can't do anything on). Basically it sees that the drive used to have working windows on it.  Im still trying to figure out why it wiped it in the first place

10 minutes ago, GamefulMike said:

Installed with UEFI. i tried some more stuff with AOMEI and after a restart it at least shows me a "windows needs to be repaired" blue screen (which I can't do anything on). Basically it sees that the drive used to have working windows on it.  Im still trying to figure out why it wiped it in the first place

Did you install with the F6 drivers? On Intel systems the iRST driver needs to be installed at OS install time otherwise it will not be present on the recovery partition either. On AMD systems it's a bit more convoluted,

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

Download both, the F6 driver is the second one.

11 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Did you install with the F6 drivers? On Intel systems the iRST driver needs to be installed at OS install time otherwise it will not be present on the recovery partition either. On AMD systems it's a bit more convoluted,

Will do. Ill start from scratch one more time. I had a AIO driver solution which probably made things the way they are lol.

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

I did everything again, but this time including everything you mentioned. Everything works as intended, Im new to Ryzen so i never expected this to be the problem lol. Thanks dude