Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clutchmaster

MSI X470 Gaming PLUS latest bios cpu support

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi im trying to figure out whether or not my client is going to lose his cpu support(ie. no post) if i use the latest bios release since hes running a ryzen 5 2600 since the hole amd trying to not support older motherboards with the release of ryzen 3000 series cpus
bios hes currently runing

Version             Release Date (supports ram upto 3400mhz ram - client has 3600mhz but is unstable so underclocked)

7B79vAG         2019-11-12

bios i want to install

Version             Release Date (supports upto 4000mhz ram - unknown if will lose ryzen 2000 series support)

7B79vAH          2020-06-16

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you update the bios, the 2600 will still work with the current board. 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you update the bios, the 2600 will still work with the current board. 

thanks i hope so ill let u know if i to have RMA the board or desolder the bios chip and reprogram it since those 3000 series bios' dont let u flashback

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you update the bios, the 2600 will still work with the current board. 

well looks like my client is gonna have tpo buy ryzen 3000 series or the board bricked itself wont know for sure until the new cpu comes in thanks budy u clearly do not know this board

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

well looks like my client is gonna have tpo buy ryzen 3000 series or the board bricked itself wont know for sure until the new cpu comes in thanks budy u clearly do not know this board

You probably didn’t update the BIOS correctly. 
 

Tell us the exact steps you did to update the BIOS. 
 

5 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

u clearly do not know this board

You also don’t know how to google and read website pages, as this is quite easy to find out yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, gloop said:

You probably didn’t update the BIOS correctly. 
 

Tell us the exact steps you did to update the BIOS. 
 

You also don’t know how to google and read website pages, as this is quite easy to find out yourself. 

cleaned every file off the flash drive format fat32, shutdown the rig, unplugged every usb device except the mouse keyboard and flash drive with bios, started the rig entered bios navigated to M-flash started m-flash , dialog box said it was resetting to default then restarted into m-flash selected bios file hit enter i let it fo its thing for 30 minutes it just starts up but doesnt post with a black backlit screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, gloop said:

You also don’t know how to google and read website pages, as this is quite easy to find out yourself. 

also i did spend 2 hours trying to find said information and found absolutely nothing and since ur replying to my post u clearly did not google search any information so u are also incompetent

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

also i did spend 2 hours trying to find said information and found absolutely nothing

No mention what so ever for zen + or zen 1 not being supported..

this the bios that adds support for agesa code for zen 2. so clearly not, you could try and rma the board and check what happens, but the bios does not drop support for zen + cpu's.

seess.thumb.PNG.89e1f76c0b5083de9e550e9ebf5494ba.PNG

Edited by TofuHaroto

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

also i did spend 2 hours trying to find said information and found absolutely nothing

1. Why would you update the BIOS if you aren't using a 3rd gen??

 

2. It says nowhere on the page that updating a BIOS will revoke the ability of supporting Zen+.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/17/2020 at 3:39 PM, gloop said:

1. Why would you update the BIOS if you aren't using a 3rd gen??

 

2. It says nowhere on the page that updating a BIOS will revoke the ability of supporting Zen+.

 

as stated i was trying to get his rig to run the kit of 3600mhz ram but the bios that was installed only could go 3400mhz also the 3700x arrived and installed and it posted no problems so clearly now if u update this board it will revoke/remove support for ryzen 2000 series and older cpus

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, TofuHaroto said:

No mention what so ever for zen + or zen 1 not being supported..

this the bios that adds support for agesa code for zen 2. so clearly not, you could try and rma the board and check what happens, but the bios does not drop support for zen + cpu's.

seess.thumb.PNG.89e1f76c0b5083de9e550e9ebf5494ba.PNG

ordered a 3700x and it posted with it so yep u lose older generation support if u update to the latest bios

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×