These temps okay?

Running an Alienware 13R3 with a 7700hq and a GTX 1060, after a lot of throttling woe I've managed to get the fucker to behave. 

My CPU runs 50-55 light use and my GPU runs 45-50 idle, with the fans completely off, ambient temperature of 31 (yeah it's hot here)

At full synthetic load with the fans maxed Ffurmark and Cinebench running concurrently, continuously for like 2 hours), it gets to 87 for the GPU and 92 for the CPU. 

No matter how cool it stays, the GPU won't boost beyond 1250 MHz, whether it's at 75 or 90. 

Is this even close to normal? It's what I've managed after de-warping my heatsink, repasting, and undervolting the CPU by -150mv. 

could be driver issues, ddu to uninstall then reinstall from nvidia

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Running an Alienware 13R3 with a 7700hq and a GTX 1060, after a lot of throttling woe I've managed to get the fucker to behave. 

My CPU runs 50-55 light use and my GPU runs 45-50 idle, with the fans completely off, ambient temperature of 31 (yeah it's hot here)

At full synthetic load with the fans maxed Ffurmark and Cinebench running concurrently, continuously for like 2 hours), it gets to 87 for the GPU and 92 for the CPU. 

No matter how cool it stays, the GPU won't boost beyond 1250 MHz, whether it's at 75 or 90. 

Is this even close to normal? It's what I've managed after de-warping my heatsink, repasting, and undervolting the CPU by -150mv. 

I used to have an throttling issue on my device and after repasting and changed the heatsink fans the cpu tops at 68 and still got something like thermal throttling but after looking at everything turned out the cpu was waiting for the RAM to finish because the game i was playing needed more than 8 GB of RAM, hope it will help check your RAM dims cause my other 8 GB that i thought was working was dead and i was running 8 instead of 16 :P

24 minutes ago, AshSenpai said:

I used to have an throttling issue on my device and after repasting and changed the heatsink fans the cpu tops at 68 and still got something like thermal throttling but after looking at everything turned out the cpu was waiting for the RAM to finish because the game i was playing needed more than 8 GB of RAM, hope it will help check your RAM dims cause my other 8 GB that i thought was working was dead and i was running 8 instead of 16 :P

Oh the CPU doesn't throttle, even after my -140 undervolt it does 3.4 on all cores. It just gets to around 92 degrees. It's definitely not a RAM issue, I'm running 2x8gb @ 2667 MHz. I'm trying DDU but I suspect this is just a limit Alienware baked into a BIOS update in response to all the people who had warped heatsinks and were experiencing thermal issues.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

Oh the CPU doesn't throttle, even after my -140 undervolt it does 3.4 on all cores. It just gets to around 92 degrees. It's definitely not a RAM issue, I'm running 2x8gb @ 2667 MHz. I'm trying DDU but I suspect this is just a limit Alienware baked into a BIOS update in response to all the people who had warped heatsinks and were experiencing thermal issues.

oh i thought it did sometimes RAM issues behave like thermal throttling.

also these temps are normal for a laptop just make sure its well ventilated

Edited by AshSenpai

2 hours ago, AshSenpai said:

oh i thought it did sometimes RAM issues behave like thermal throttling.

also these temps are normal for a laptop just make sure its well ventilated

Turns out I was wrong, that was just it running hot on synthetics. In-game, it actually boosted to 1848 MHz, 3.4 on the CPU all-core, low 80s throughout. Absolute banger.

Funny how much harder 100% use on synthetic benchmarks hits it compared to near-100% use in game.