wireless vs wired mice

KieranTHeBesT
12 minutes ago, VSTOLL said:

Looks like someone is forgetting that a wire is not a perfect transfer thing. It's also susceptible to interference and there's resistence of the wire itself, so it's very possible that the wireless technology is as fast as the wire or faster on ideal conditions. The processing it requires is basically meaningless at this point, as it's so fast and so power efficient to be done quickly enough so it doesn't increase the latency.

Interference is not a problem in good mices. I live in a building with 23 apartments and all of them have at least a 2.4 and a 5ghz wifi, I also live in Downtown, so a lot of antenna going on and I NEVER had any problems with my G305 or G502. 

It reached a point, as Linus pointed in the video, that if you claim to notice a difference between a wireless and a wired mouse, you are full of shit. The only thing to consider today is only if you really want to be wire free to pay the premium for it, there are no performance loss whatsoever and you pay for it, there's no magic or corporation conspiracy.

“someone” sounds a lot like me given the rest of the post. I’ll assume you’re actually referring to me. 

I thought this one got ended with the nontopicality thing.  ‘‘This  is feeling a little like a “yeah! What he said!” after the fact thing. 

re: copper imperfection

The wire vs air concept holds more water if it’s 6 miles instead of six feet, so the “it’s very possible” thing sounds far fetched. 

re: interference

interference hasn’t been a problem for you you mean.  

re: performance.
There are other things besides the wire.  as noted earlier.  A premium is being paid so that is not a barrier in this case. 

re: “ it has reached a point” You are attempting to conflate signal performance with totality. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

so CS basically has its own mouse driver in it that works with all brands and all types of mouse. 

Sort of, I think raw input just takes counts from the sensor and button presses straight from the mouse.

38 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

More implication that the recoupment is in the dongle.  Also implies that this good signal processing may not be being applied evenly.  If it’s not an available commercially option though it isn’t. 

Why does it always have to be some big conspiracy that nerfs wired mice. Every device is susceptible to interference, even wired mice, so it's probably more of a case of wireless signal processing catching up to wired signal processing than some industry wide conspiracy theory.

43 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Is there less performance difference between wireless and wired mice at this price point? Yes.   None? Value judgements need to be made.

They really don't. High end wireless mice are as good as high end wired mice, that's it. No human can actually tell the difference between the 2 and pretty much every test so far shows the same thing.

44 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Depends on instance and use case and the needs of the user. Use case and needs are not stated.

Most people willing to spend this much on a mouse are probably going to use it for gaming.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

should i get razer viper mini, g305 or g703?

No clue. I’m not fond of razor mice myself because I had massive trouble with unreliable button springs.  That was many years ago though. May be ancient history.  Your hands are your hands.  You’re use case is your use case.  I know nothing about either of them.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

should i get razer viper mini, g305 or g703?

Pretty difficult to tell without being more specific. What is your grip style and hand measurements?

(The Viper Ultimate the wireless one btw, the mini is wired.)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Pretty difficult to tell without being more specific. What is your grip style and hand measurements.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

No clue. I’m not fond of razor mice myself because I had massive trouble with unreliable button springs.  That was many years ago though. May be ancient history.  Your hands are your hands.  You’re use case is your use case.  I know nothing about either of them.

19 x 8 cm claw grip.

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Pretty difficult to tell without being more specific. What is your grip style and hand measurements.

i also looked at the glorius model o-

4 minutes ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

19 x 8 cm claw grip.

The G305 is pretty great for claw grip. GPW is also good, but more expensive. The Viper Mini is too small for claw and the G703 is almost exclusively a palm grip mouse because it has a pretty huge hump, which makes it a bit hard to claw. (IMO on both)

2 minutes ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

i also looked at the glorius model o-

The O- is good, but I think more suited to fingertip grip because of the very low hump.

*** Thread locked ***

I'm sorry I have to do this @KieranTHeBesT, but this thread has derailed almost completely. I recommend you post another thread with some of mice you have looked as options and go on from there.

This discussion of difference in technologies contains too much misconceptions and misinformation. And also either innocent or purposeful misunderstanding, that it isn't even funny.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv