Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xd Maples

Does a Cooler Master 212 RGB Black Edition have enough RAM clearance (name of RAM in description below)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey,

I’ve been planing on building a pc for sometime now and I have finally enough to buy one. However I’ve always had an issue, in my mind I thought that the air cooler that I have chosen may not have enough clearance for my 32gb (4x8 or 2x16) of ram.

Questions
Question 1: Will there be enough clearance for my two options for ram


Question 2: Should I buy the 4x8 or the 2x16

 

Specs

 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

 

Cooler: Cooler Master 212 RGB Black Edition Air Cooler

 

Ram Options: G.Skill Trydent Neo (2x16) or G.Skill Trydent RGB (4x8)

 

Motherboard: B550 Gigabyte Gaming X

 

GPU: MSI Gaming X RTX 2070 Super

 

Case: Corsair 465x WHITE

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant tell you if this particular cooler has enough clearance, since i never had it. But what i always like to recommend people is getting an AIO Water Cooler for your CPU. 
Those things cool your CPU awesomely good (even tho i wouldnt say better or worse than good air coolers) but what i like about them the most, they also give you another case cooling system. 
Mount them on top as inwards fans and you have an awesome cpu and case cooler while only needing one part. 


Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

 

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

 

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayBe said:

I cant tell you if this particular cooler has enough clearance, since i never had it. But what i always like to recommend people is getting an AIO Water Cooler for your CPU. 
Those things cool your CPU awesomely good (even tho i wouldnt say better or worse than good air coolers) but what i like about them the most, they also give you another case cooling system. 
Mount them on top as inwards fans and you have an awesome cpu and case cooler while only needing one part. 

Water cooling is overrated, you can get a way better air cooler for the same price. The only advantage is that it takes longer to reach peak temps. You can get fans to intake or exhaust air separately and they don't heat the rest of your system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Water cooling is overrated, you can get a way better air cooler for the same price. The only advantage is that it takes longer to reach peak temps. You can get fans to intake or exhaust air separately and they don't heat the rest of your system.

As said, i didnt take watercooling as the ultimate cooling experience and that you shouldnt go for air cooling. I just said what i like more about AIO water cooling systems than a chunky air cooler. 
I am running a 3 fan aio at the top as intake, 3 26mm at the front as intake and one tiny little fan at the backside as outtake. I've never seen the temps go higher than 45-50 degrees while gaming and peak temps were around 80 while stress testing it for a couple of hours. That also gives you almost no dust inside your case. Yes, the meshes need to be cleaned quite often cause of all those intake fans, but its easier to clean the outside meshs than the inside of your PC.

Again, i never said that its way better than air cooling alone. You obviously can achieve that with air coolers as well. I just like the idea of needing one part that gets 2 jobs done simultaniously. And lets be honest, if you want to get an air cooler for you CPU plus 3 26mm fans at the top, it costs you almost the same, if not more, than a decent aio water cooler.


Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

 

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

 

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JayBe said:

As said, i didnt take watercooling as the ultimate cooling experience and that you shouldnt go for air cooling. I just said what i like more about AIO water cooling systems than a chunky air cooler. 
I am running a 3 fan aio at the top as intake, 3 26mm at the front as intake and one tiny little fan at the backside as outtake. I've never seen the temps go higher than 45-50 degrees while gaming and peak temps were around 80 while stress testing it for a couple of hours. That also gives you almost no dust inside your case. Yes, the meshes need to be cleaned quite often cause of all those intake fans, but its easier to clean the outside meshs than the inside of your PC.

Again, i never said that its way better than air cooling alone. You obviously can achieve that with air coolers as well. I just like the idea of needing one part that gets 2 jobs done simultaniously. And lets be honest, if you want to get an air cooler for you CPU plus 3 26mm fans at the top, it costs you almost the same, if not more, than a decent aio water cooler.

never tell people to go with aio. that is not good.

 

aio's are more expensive and louder.

 

aio's are well better looking than air but they are not better by any means. (until you get 280-360mm aio and that will cost you douple the price of similar performing air cooler)


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fan overhangs first RAM slot. Thats only issue. The case has room for lifting fan. You could have it as exhaust, but would probably defeat point of RGB.

 

Also do note that Corsair uses proprietary RGB connector. Meaning that you can't sync cooler fan with case fans.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since no one's answered the original question yet....

 

Yes, it will fit regardless of which ram you use because the fan does not overhang most Memory slots. But if you wanna play it safe, go with the 2x16, that way you'll be guaranteed to have the room. 

 

Here's an example with good photos showing yhow much space yo have for all 4 ram slots. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/dw3tt6

 

And an example of a build using 4 Dimm slots

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/rv4nTW


Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

Sign Up Folding Thread FAQ Install Guide

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×