Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caroline

Dead Corsair pump?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone.

 

I have a Corsair H60 on top of a 4970k CPU and temps are high (80+ ºC) even if the computer is idle. I've replaced thermal paste and made sure the block is properly seated but the issue persists.

 

Upon touching the tubes one of them is hotter than the other but both eventually heat up after a few minutes, the pump *seems* to be working as there's vibration and some noise that's not coming from the fan or other components.

I can't find another reason for the high temps. could the pump be already dead but still make noise?

 

This AIO is from 2016 so it's quite a few years old already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Hi everyone.

 

I have a Corsair H60 on top of a 4970k CPU and temps are high (80+ ºC) even if the computer is idle. I've replaced thermal paste and made sure the block is properly seated but the issue persists.

 

Upon touching the tubes one of them is hotter than the other but both eventually heat up after a few minutes, the pump *seems* to be working as there's vibration and some noise that's not coming from the fan or other components.

I can't find another reason for the high temps. could the pump be already dead but still make noise?

 

This AIO is from 2016 so it's quite a few years old already.

Maybe the block is clogged from polymerized propylene glycol. Sounds like it's time to replace or ask for warranty as they should have 10 years iirc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Hi everyone.

 

I have a Corsair H60 on top of a 4970k CPU and temps are high (80+ ºC) even if the computer is idle. I've replaced thermal paste and made sure the block is properly seated but the issue persists.

 

Upon touching the tubes one of them is hotter than the other but both eventually heat up after a few minutes, the pump *seems* to be working as there's vibration and some noise that's not coming from the fan or other components.

I can't find another reason for the high temps. could the pump be already dead but still make noise?

 

This AIO is from 2016 so it's quite a few years old already.

there is maybe junk inside the loop,  clogging the pump,

i have a corsair h100i gtx , same  too , one tube  hot the other cool, i open the pump and remove  the junk

the aio is working again

as say above if you can use the waranty  use that, i cant  so i open the pump

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Maybe the block is clogged from polymerized propylene glycol. Sounds like it's time to replace or ask for warranty as they should have 10 years iirc.

I've searched and it has a 5 year warranty, problem is that RMA would be more expensive than getting a new one due to intl shipping

 

1 hour ago, JeJaRaLa said:

there is maybe junk inside the loop,  clogging the pump,

i have a corsair h100i gtx , same  too , one tube  hot the other cool, i open the pump and remove  the junk

the aio is working again

as say above if you can use the waranty  use that, i cant  so i open the pump

 

 

 

junk huh... not sure if it'd be worth to fix it as it's a job, I've worked on a few AIOs but for a friend and only for fun, one was indeed clogged and the other had a dead pump that I managed to replace

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×