Lenovo IdeaPad VS Flex (AMD Ryzen)

I am looking for a new laptop to last me through the 4 years of engineering and Lenovo line up looks pretty good especially with the new Ryzen chips. There are 2 models that I'm looking at, the IdeaPad 5 (15inch) and the Flex 5 (14inch), both come with the R7 4700U, 16gb of ram, and a 512gb SSD. The IdeaPad is $120 cheaper in my case, but the Flex has the advantage of the touchscreen, and a 2 year warranty with Costco. Which would you recommend, or should I skip both of them and go for something like the Envy x360? 

go with the flex, you might use it as a tablet once a while.

if i'm not mistaken the envy also support touch.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

I've never seriously used a touchscreen, and I'm waiting for Lenovo to restock the 4500U model so that I can buy it. I checked out a similar model at a Microcenter and I would recommend the IdeaPad over the Flex.

Any reason you're going with the 4500U instead of the 4700U, or is it just cost savings? 

Also, what did you like better about the IdeaPad over the Flex? I've never checked out either. 

The Flex has worse build quality. Personally would go for Ideapad 5

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128