help deciding on monitor

DontJoshme

I need to buy a monitor and am hoping that an ultrawide will simplify my setup. I host meetings on Zoom and use two monitors. I have to display media and when doing so it needs to be maximized to display the best for other participants. W hen doing so the application I'm using to run the media I'm playing takes over the entire monitor, leaving me with only the 2nd monitor to monitor everything else with. I'm looking at ViewSonic Elite XG350R-C 35” UltraWide 21:9 Curved 1440p 100Hz RGB Gaming Monitor with FreeSync HDR10 and Advanced Ergonomics for Esports. Viewsonic has software that splits your screen up into multiple windows like virtual monitors if you will, and I'm wondering if the app will fill the entire screen when I maximize or just the one window/ virtual monitor thing. Anyone know about those sort of things? I'm also considering VIOTEK GNV34DB 34-Inch Ultrawide Gaming Monitor, Curved 1500R UWQHD VA Panel | 100Hz 1440p Monitor Resolution | FreeSync FPS/RTS | 3 HDMI Ports DP 3.5mm Aux (VESA). Sorry those aren't links I couldn't remember how to do that. 🤔

11 minutes ago, DontJoshme said:

Viewsonic has software that splits your screen up into multiple windows like virtual monitors if you will, and I'm wondering if the app will fill the entire screen when I maximize or just the one window/ virtual monitor thing. Anyone know about those sort of things?

If the monitor is somehow forcing the computer to recognize it as four different monitors, then I would assume that fullscreen apps will only fill the one window. Then again I don't know for sure since I've never used such a monitor before.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x