which b550 motherboard to buy for the upcoming ryzens when it will come this year?

which b550 motherboard to  buy  for    the  upcoming ryzens when it will come  this  year?

any sugestions??

which are  the  best  top 5  b550 motherboards??

What's your budget?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

budget?

and what are you planning on powering? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, Mateyyy said:

What's your budget?

280 euros  max..

I'd get the B550 A-Pro! Great board capable of handling 3950X OC'd!

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Grab some popcorn 🍿

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

10 hours ago, VERWEST said:

280 euros

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard €175.80 @ Mindfactory
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €175.80
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-10 18:13 CEST+0200  
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard €166.00 @ Amazon Deutschland
  Total €166.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-10 18:14 CEST+0200  
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard €185.89 @ Amazon Deutschland
  Total €185.89
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard €153.63 @ Alza
  Total €153.63

there is also the a pro which is great, but was  out of stock. 

if you can find one, the a pro is great. 

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master

it uses 14 ISL99370's iirc and is overkill in every way, i mean it's really good, just really expensive. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Grab some popcorn 🍿

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master  is it worth?? to  buy?

5 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

280 euros  max..

At ~€180 euro you can get a B550 Aorus Pro (best all-rounder imo), B550 Gaming Edge WIFI or Tomahawk (internal Type-C, best VRMs by a slight margin) and the Strix B550-F (usually more expensive and doesn't offer anything particularly special. Either of these boards will easily run an overclocked 3950X.

More than that and you should be looking at X570 instead, but unless you plan on throwing in three PCIe 4.0 SSDs, it's not really worth spending the extra imo.

3 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master  is it worth?? to  buy?

Costs too much for B550 and the dual BIOS implementation is stupid. Don't buy it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

At ~€180 euro you can get a B550 Aorus Pro (best all-rounder imo), B550 Gaming Edge WIFI or Tomahawk (internal Type-C, best VRMs by a slight margin) and the Strix B550-F (usually more expensive and doesn't offer anything particularly special. Either of these boards will easily run an overclocked 3950X.

More than that and you should be looking at X570 instead, but unless you plan on throwing in three PCIe 4.0 SSDs, it's not really worth spending the extra imo.

Costs too much for B550 and the dual BIOS implementation is stupid. Don't buy it.

the   B550 Aorus Pro , B550 Gaming Edge WIFI or Tomahawk   will can handle  the upcoming ryzens  4600,,   4700  4900x/? when  will come??

the upcoming ryzens  4600,,   4700  4900x/?

easily for the most part.

when  will come??

we don't know, though it's possible that they will be released in September or late august or just Q4 of this year generally. 

Build Log: 

Just now, VERWEST said:

the   B550 Aorus Pro , B550 Gaming Edge WIFI or Tomahawk   will can handle  the upcoming ryzens  4600,,   4700  4900x/? when  will come??

Unless they'll pull 400W (which I think it's pretty unlikely to say the least), yes.

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Unless they'll pull 400W (which I think it's pretty unlikely to say the least), yes.

the  b550 motherboard designed for  the   upcoming  ryzens  when will come in  september??>

or  the b550 designed for  the curent 3600x, 3700 and  3900x/?

1 minute ago, VERWEST said:

the  b550 motherboard designed for  the   upcoming  ryzens  when will come in  september??>

All we know so far is that they're coming this year. No day/month set as of yet.

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

All we know so far is that they're coming this year. No day/month set as of yet.

The  b550 motherboards   designed for  the   upcoming  ryzens??  or  for  the curent generation?  

this i am  asking/

6 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

The  b550 motherboards   designed for  the   upcoming  ryzens??  or  for  the curent generation?  

this i am  asking/

AMD confirmed that Zen 3 CPUs will work on B550 and X570.

If you're thinking of buying a board now specifically for Zen 3, maybe wait for a little longer. There is a possibility that X670 will be a thing.

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

AMD confirmed that Zen 3 CPUs will work on B550 and X570.

If you're thinking of buying a board now specifically for Zen 3, maybe wait for a little longer. There is a possibility that X670 will be a thing.

the  b550  will work  without problems  and issues in  the  upcominmg  Zen 3 CPUs??

Yes, both B550 and x570 chipsets will have full support for next Ryzen processors.

The future Ryzen processors will most likely be even LESS power hungry, due to improvements in manufacturing, so the processors will most likely consume less power.

Therefore, any motherboard that's recommended today for the most power hungry cpu available (3950x) will 100% support the absolute best cpu on Ryzen 3 that will show up.

11 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

the  b550  will work  without problems  and issues in  the  upcominmg  Zen 3 CPUs??

You will have to update the BIOS though, so you need to have a 3rd gen now, or wait until 4th gen launches and they ship with new BIOSes.

2 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

You will have to update the BIOS though, so you need to have a 3rd gen now, or wait until 4th gen launches and they ship with new BIOSes.

i am confused  now

the b550 designed  for  the  next  next Ryzen processors.?? or  they designed  for  the   3rd gen ??

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

You will have to update the BIOS though

Bios flashback is a thing. 

15 minutes ago, VERWEST said:

the  b550  will work  without problems

If you got a board with an old bios and it has a bios flashback then you won't need a cpu to update the bios. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

No, a lot of  motherboards especially the mid to high end ones (120 euro and up) have BIOS Flashback, a feature which allows you to update the bios without having a CPU installed on the motherboard. 

You simply copy the bios file on a usb stick, insert the stick in a particular usb connector (it's mentioned in the manual) and press a  button on the back of the motherboard. 30 seconds later your bios is updated.

It's quite possible a bios update won't even be needed initially, I mean it will work but not great, and a bios update right after ryzen 3 will improve things.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

No, a lot of  motherboards especially the mid to high end ones (120 euro and up) have BIOS Flashback, a feature which allows you to update the bios without having a CPU installed on the motherboard. 

You simply copy the bios file on a usb stick, insert the stick in a particular usb connector (it's mentioned in the manual) and press a  button on the back of the motherboard. 30 seconds later your bios is updated.

It's quite possible a bios update won't even be needed initially, I mean it will work but not great, and a bios update right after ryzen 3 will improve things.

i am confused  now

the b550 designed  for  the  next  next Ryzen processors.?? or  they designed  for  the   3rd gen ??

1 minute ago, VERWEST said:

i am confused  now

B550 is designed for the current Ryzen processors. They will work with next gen, but are not designed for them. And going by AMD's track record the next generation of B series boards will take awhile to launch.

Just now, Darpyface said:

B550 is designed for the current Ryzen processors. They will work with next gen, but are not designed for them. And going by AMD's track record the next generation of B series boards will take awhile to launch.

wait

for  the  next  zen 4   will create   b650 and x670?? motherboards???