fixing lenes and camera bodies

sub68
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
5 minutes ago, sub68 said:

yeah right now I feel dumb

It's alright.

Happens to the best of us.

thanks @Egg-Roll for sharing this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3JlXGQF2YWDBDG-SciZ8Qw

these are nerve racking to watch but fun

I was cleaning my 400mm even that was nerve racking for me.

(I toke apart a lenses to clean it and put it back together

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Did you mean to make a thread? If so, what exactly are you trying to ask or say?

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Did you mean to make a thread?

yes

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

what exactly are you trying to ask or say?

that taking apart camera stuff is hard and cool

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Did you mean to make a thread? If so, what exactly are you trying to ask or say?

TBH I just woke up and IDK why I made this topic

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

TBH I just woke up and IDK why I made this topic

Yeah, it doesn't lend itself well to discussion. Perhaps ask some questions.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Yeah, it doesn't lend itself well to discussion. Perhaps ask some questions.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, sub68 said:

It's alright.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's alright.

I should have posted this in my status update

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

9 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I should have posted this in my status update

So here's a question for you, you've watched several of these videos, ready to fix one of my much treasured, very rare, manual focus lenses?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

you've watched several of these videos

yes

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

ready to fix one of my much treasured, very rare, manual focus lenses?

maybe

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

So I actually got the lens from Japan, however I'm not setup yet to start dismantling it :( I'll get to it when I can hopefully the weekend. (No tweezers or table space)

Shipping companies have been weird. DHL said the 14th but delivered the lens today (no customs fees which is good, even tho non should be issues I don't trust them), UPS apparently shipped the 2 batteries somewhere other in my direction (w/o scanning either it seems) and will be delivered tomorrow instead of today, and Canada Post actually delivered a day early for once 😂

I might not need to buy tweezers, I actually think my mobile phone repair kit came with them lol... Tho stupidly small. I'll post pics here when started/finished.
Need to figure out what would be best to clean the lense, disinfectant or rubbing alcohol or maybe go out and buy a lense cleaner 🤔 Also need to figure out if I can fix the lense with the scratches on it. Tho the barrel when closing has a grinding noise which makes me think someone dropped the lense at some point, I threw it on my old Canon Rebel to test it, neither the scratch or fungus seems to affect the Rebels 6.3 megapixels

The camera however did throw a error 99 at me 1/3 of the time, which means the lens has issues.

Oh in case someone asks this is the grip I'm using for my RP lol, Canon you failed on that... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B081Z2T3G4

Neither the fungus or scratches seem to hurt images, but the error 99 is worth trying to fix too lol. Perfect lens.

Spoiler

IMG_4527.thumb.JPG.6af6b62fcec78fc1cfe7cbb477df3ee0.JPGIMG_4531.thumb.JPG.7f24675da71d0e8e07af8ae74eab601b.JPG

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So here's a question for you, you've watched several of these videos, ready to fix one of my much treasured, very rare, manual focus lenses?

Wouldn't a manual one theoretically be easier to fix that one that has auto? Since you don't have to worry about clipping wires and such.