r70x vs hd600

tuunade98

i currently have a r70x and am finding the treble to be too much for the music i listen to(hip hop, rap, electronic). I'm just wondering what would the hd600 be like for these genre of music?

2 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

i currently have a r70x and am finding the treble to be too much for the music i listen to(hip hop, rap, electronic). I'm just wondering what would the hd600 be like for these genre of music?

The HD 600 is a flatter smoother headphone so it sucks out all the fun so it should solve your issue. I would instead look into tube amps.

im currently using a schiit stack, modi 2 uber and a magni 2. Don't really like the idea of tube amps. 

4 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

im currently using a schiit stack, modi 2 uber and a magni 2. Don't really like the idea of tube amps. 

Yeah not exactly my favorite stack in the world. Maybe look into hybrids. But I just don't personally think the HD 600 is a good pairing for that kind of music but then again I don't think the r70x is as well. As they are both somewhat too neutral especially the HD 600. Have eyou considered the 650 as it should have warmth the r70x has but it is a darker headphone. Or the HD 58x from massdrop where you lose resolution in favor of a smooth mid centric sound.