Connect lav mic to headphones?

GigabitXe

I recently started playing games with some friends and we use voice chat a lot. However, I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones, which don't have a mic on them because they are just normal studio headphones. I currently have a normal stage microphone rigged up with a USB XLR interface, but while it sounds great, the whole system is big and bulky and somewhat unsightly. Therefore, I am looking for a new mic solution. I know that the Modmic would be a good solution, but I don't really want to spend that much (I'm just cheap). Then I had the (maybe) brilliant idea of getting a cheap but still good lav mic (like this) and just clipping it to the wire of my headphones. In theory I think this would work great. What do you think?

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

wht not just get a cheap usb desk mic? the wire rubbing on your shirt will produce noise and will be annoying to everyone to hear. 

Just now, Saksham said:

wht not just get a cheap usb desk mic? the wire rubbing on your shirt will produce noise and will be annoying to everyone to hear. 

I thought about that, but my desk is quite small and I feel that another thing sitting on it will just make everything too cramped, and I am also trying to get things looking as clean as possible. 

4 hours ago, GigabitXe said:

I recently started playing games with some friends and we use voice chat a lot. However, I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones, which don't have a mic on them because they are just normal studio headphones. I currently have a normal stage microphone rigged up with a USB XLR interface, but while it sounds great, the whole system is big and bulky and somewhat unsightly. Therefore, I am looking for a new mic solution. I know that the Modmic would be a good solution, but I don't really want to spend that much (I'm just cheap). Then I had the (maybe) brilliant idea of getting a cheap but still good lav mic (like this) and just clipping it to the wire of my headphones. In theory I think this would work great. What do you think?

ive tried this before it works pretty great. ibky issue i had was it would pick up my keyboard but you have rtx voice for that now.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:27 PM, rice guru said:

ive tried this before it works pretty great. ibky issue i had was it would pick up my keyboard but you have rtx voice for that now.

Yep, just got it in the mail today and it works great.