Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WikiForce

Did i buy a decent cooler for my i7 3770?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So yesterday i upgraded to i7 3770 and i am really happy with the performance seems a bit high, i have some very basic and cheap cpu cooler which is much like a stock cooler and temps with my new cpu prove it.

Normally, in games such as GTA V and AC Odyssey it easily almost reached mid-80s then i ran even more cpu intensive stuff like PS3 emulator and i did not get any performance improvement from my i5 3470 as it was still stuttering real bad but temps peaked at 94c, so i have ordered a decent looking budget cooler from cooler master, it's the H410R which i expect to be delivered tomorrow as it was shipped from neaby city, reviews are good and there was a guy with i7 3770 who was getting rwally good temps with it when i looked up in search and overall rating of 4.6/5 seems quite amazing as well but i just want to be sure that i am getting something which is worth it, it was on a lightening deal but ₹95 were off.

I have max budget of 3.5k for cpu cooler, if someone has a suggestion please tell me here, due to current pandemic situation there's seems to be availability issues and i couldn't find many good ones from reputable brand. I was thinking of maybe hyper 212 but it seems out of stock on amazon and many other places. Some guy was recommending me deepcool gammax 400 v2, is it better than this?

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0784FZT8H/

Cooler Master Hyper H410R (RR-H410-20PK-R1) 120mm RED LED Air CPU Cooler Intel/AMD Support

image.png.29793162aea622cb9c029ffbfd78ab88.png

image.png.a0c33289b2eba4bc668fdf275a2c2061.png

The most underrated user and unsung hero of LTT Forum.

Casual Gamer and part time Youtuber.

Day Dreamer but lazy and lethargic when it comes to goals.

Always procrastinating. Avoiding challenges and getting out of comfort zone.

That should do fine, the 3770 really wasn't too power hungry of a chip.

If anything, check for pricing on the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports. It's really well regarded in this price bracket.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F |G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB, 3200MHz CL14) | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13" (i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe)

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

That should do fine, the 3770 really wasn't too power hungry of a chip.

If anything, check for pricing on the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports. It's really well regarded in this price bracket.

yeah, it wasn't power hungry but ran hot because of unsoldered IHS and usd of bad quality thermal paste between die and ihs

that doesn't seem to be available properly, i checked and only some stupid seller was selling it for 21k

2 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

yeah, it wasn't power hungry but ran hot because of unsoldered IHS and usd of bad quality thermal paste between die and ihs

that doesn't seem to be available properly, i checked and only some stupid seller was selling it for 21k

Haswell iirc was peak shit TIM underneath the IHS for Intel. Going back to paste was certainly quite the downgrade with Ivy Bridge, but the paste they used on 4th gen was just abysmal.

Get the H410 then, it should cool the 3770 no problem.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F |G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2x16GB, 3200MHz CL14) | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Indeed. My 3770K is the hottest cpu I have ever owned, that puts out no heat. My X5690 is easier to cool sort of and it puts out real heat, lots of it lol.

3770K @ 4700MHz 1.35v/Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power/TY-143
ASRock Z77 OC Formula|12GB G.Skill Mix @ 933MHz 9-10-9-28-2T 1.6v
EVGA GTX 980 Classified 3988 @ 1497/2001|Intel 545S 256 Striped
CM Silent Pro M2 850|Fractal Define R4/5x 120x38 1x 92x38|ZM-MFC2

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Haswell iirc was peak shit TIM underneath the IHS for Intel. Going back to paste was certainly quite the downgrade with Ivy Bridge, but the paste they used on 4th gen was just abysmal.

Get the H410 then, it should cool the 3770 no problem.

is this cooler better? i also like blue led more than red so that's why i am also considering it by cancelling the previous one

https://www.amazon.in/DEEPCOOL-GAMMAXX-400-V2-high-Efficiency/dp/B082CZW3RK

2 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

is this cooler better? i also like blue led more than red so that's why i am also considering it by cancelling the previous one

https://www.amazon.in/DEEPCOOL-GAMMAXX-400-V2-high-Efficiency/dp/B082CZW3RK

I've never looked into it, but based on the CPU cooler tier list it is better. They look pretty similar heatsink-wise, so I can't imagine there's a whole lot between them.

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I've never looked into it, but based on the CPU cooler tier list it is better. They look pretty similar heatsink-wise, so I can't imagine there's a whole lot between them.

so it isn't worth spending 400 more?

4 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

so it isn't worth spending 400 more?

It's up to you, I'd say most of the money is going towards a better looking fan for you, so it's your choice.

Noctua all the way - if not MSI Core Frozr S is a good one I have recently tried.

7 minutes ago, A1200 said:

Noctua all the way - if not MSI Core Frozr S is a good one I have recently tried.

are you even serious? then is more than a month old thread and you're replying now as if i would be still holding on -_-

it's almost a month since i got the cooler and it's doing a pretty decent job. Temps never go above 72C now either gaming or rendering.