UI Design for my new Concept

I'm currently designing the Notifications Sidebar for my concept 'Android TabOS 2.0' I think it looks a bit odd so share me your thoughts!

Without knowing what the rest of the OS design elements looks like, it will be very hard to give any real feedback. The biggest thing is consistency, as long as the rest of the UI elements follow the same design, then you can't really go too wrong with the basics.

With that said, the only other feedback I have is the icons seems a big large.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Without knowing what the rest of the OS design elements looks like, it will be very hard to give any real feedback. The biggest thing is consistency, as long as the rest of the UI elements follow the same design, then you can't really go too wrong with the basics.

With that said, the only other feedback I have is the icons seems a big large.

Here's the homescreen, I plan to make 2 versions of it so there's way more customization. I will probably end up using this for Desktop Mode since that was the theme I was going for hereimage.thumb.png.ebc71ecaa143285201c3cf43b1a51b94.png

Your interface looks pretty much like any other tablet interface. Why wouldn't you try to make something completely different?

2 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Your interface looks pretty much like any other tablet interface. Why wouldn't you try to make something completely different?

What would you want to see in the concept?

6 hours ago, LowSpecFalcon said:

What would you want to see in the concept?

What I'm trying to say is, what's the point of designing your own UI if it isn't radically different from what's out there already?

For example, take the notification sidebar; why is it a sidebar? Why does it have to be a bar at all? It'd be cool to see an interface that is really different. Otherwise all your hard work at the end of the day may end up being another slightly tweaked version of what already exists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 1:57 AM, akio123008 said:

What I'm trying to say is, what's the point of designing your own UI if it isn't radically different from what's out there already?

For example, take the notification sidebar; why is it a sidebar? Why does it have to be a bar at all? It'd be cool to see an interface that is really different. Otherwise all your hard work at the end of the day may end up being another slightly tweaked version of what already exists.

I've only seen Notification Sidebars in MacOS and in Windows, iOS and Android both have drop down notifs

12 hours ago, LowSpecFalcon said:

I've only seen Notification Sidebars in MacOS and in Windows, iOS and Android both have drop down notifs

True, but those aren't desktop operating systems.

Just some random ideas from the top of my head;

make it round

make it appear diagonally from a corner of the screen

make it appear in the center of the display

a combination of the above

stuff like that. The weirder the better in my opinion.